[REMOVE ADS]

Carolyn Crawford

Is there a cd with Carolyn's single "Forget About Me" on it and where can I find it. I love her voice and she is so talented.

Quote Originally Posted by candykool1951 View Post
    Is there a cd with Carolyn's single "Forget About Me" on it and where can I find it. I love her voice and she is so talented.
    Well .. It was included in the Complete Motown Singles Volume 3 box set .. track 7 on disc 5

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Complete-Mot...s_all_5#disc_5

Alternatively ..

It was included on a U.K. compilation called "Soul Satisfaction 2, The Motown Connection" released in 2001.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Soul-Satisfa.../dp/B00005MP5J

Roger

My favorite: When Someone's Good To You--produced by Berry Gordy with backup vocals by the Temptations. The flip,
    My Heart, written & produced by Smokey, is excellent too.

Thanks I will check them out. She is a very good performer.

She's excellent! I have the single [[albeit a beaten copy), which I found after quite a while of looking for it. I first heard it on a Northern soul cassette I received from a friend.

Best,

Mark

RossHolloway Guest
    All her Motown tracks are quite exceptional. Hopefully one day someone will put out a disc of all her Motown work.

Quote Originally Posted by RossHolloway View Post
    All her Motown tracks are quite exceptional. Hopefully one day someone will put out a disc of all her Motown work.
    That would be nice.

I would think, if there were enough tracks to comprise a CD, that Spectrum over in the UK, could do so.

Best,

Mark

Name:  av-5.jpg
Views: 223
Size:  21.1 KB
    I think that there are enough cuts for a short CD of 9 or 10. But, I was hoping that Motown would have Hip-O Select or Ace/Kent put out one CD with half from Carolyn and half from Patrice Holloway. But, now that the Patrice Holloway had half Motown cuts and half with her Capitol cuts, perhaps Carolyn's Motown cuts can be combined with Linda Griner's Motown cuts?

Robb

You could perhaps do the same as Patrice by adding Carolyn's post Motown material....licensing issues permitting of course. Philly, Bohannon etc

You could also do something with Linda Griner...she recorded after Motown too. Linda might even fare better than Carolyn in number of Motown tracks, as you are aware from previous SDF threads that have discussed her music
    Last edited by theboyfromxtown; 06-11-2011 at 05:27 AM.

Name:  av-5.jpg
Views: 255
Size:  21.1 KB
    Quote Originally Posted by theboyfromxtown View Post
    Robb

You could perhaps do the same as Patrice by adding Carolyn's post Motown material....licensing issues permitting of course. Philly, Bohannon etc

You could also do something with Linda Griner...she recorded after Motown too. Linda might even fare better than Carolyn in number of Motown tracks, as you are aware from previous SDF threads that have discussed her music
    There Have been statements that there were enough Linda Griner cuts in The Motown vault for an album [[that would translate to at least 12, I would guess). I'd rather not have her Dot material mixed with her Motown, as it was a completely different genre of music [[more like MOR and show tunes, and a more "operatic style").

The same is basically true for Carolyn Crawford. Her Philadelphia work has a VERY Different sound from that of her Motown recordings. At least The Miracles', Supremes, and Popcorn Wylie's 1960 and 1969 Motown cuts each have some of The Motown sound, despite the general change in music style over those years. Patrice Holloway's "Love and Desire" and "Ecstasy" sound a lot closer to Motown than the above-listed scenarios.

I agree but I suspect an anthology might be a more feasible way of it happening. Just an opinion.

Again, I mention the possibility of a "ladies of Motown" set...similar to the Brunswick CD. Carolyn Crawford, Linda Griner and Rita Wright......
    Interested anyone....it would be an "Ace" collection eh?

Snakepit

If I see a compilation on the ladies, I expect to find a variety of artists not just a few. I know it happens but that tends to be the re-issues where there are only a few tracks to deal with. They also tend to be on budget labels and not generally the stuff we go for, as more "esoteric" collectors.

Motown did some of those 2 artists on one but most folk didn't give them a second look.