[REMOVE ADS]

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

"Nightflight" Tue May 17, 9P-12M ET: PART 2-The Supremes "Let Yourself Go" Boxset!

Attachment 2983

Howdy, there, folks! Tonight, on "Nightflight"...Part 2 of "The Supremes 'Let Yourself Go'
    The '70s Albums, Vol. 2: 1974-1977-The Final Sessions"! Last week's show...I'm still reeling...had guests Supremes Mary Wilson, Susaye Greene and Scherrie Payne...all lovely, warm and gracious as they spent time chatting about their experiences and excitement over this newly released UMG/Hip-O Select boxset. I thank them from the bottom of my heart...and soul. And I thank you all for joining us for this memorable show.

I can't forget to mention and thank guest Andy Skurow, UMG vault manager and producer of the boxset, without whom last week's and this week's shows would not be possible. Yes, Andy will be with us again tonight...with guest and associate producer of this set, George Solomon. Andy and George will share some of the background about
    "'Let Yourself Go" The Final Sessions"...and I thank George for his time and agreeing to be on the show. We didn't get a chance to hear much of the music from the boxset...so tonight...we will hear much more! Also...please feel free to post any questions or comments you have for Andy and George...but tonight, as last week....please...no phone calls...I'll already be on the phone.

So...please join Andy, George and me for all this...and more...tonight...on "Nightflight"...on WOMR 92.1 FM Provincetown and WFMR 91.3 FM Orleans and streaming live worldwide in digital stereo at www.womr.org

Thanks!
    John

Attachment 2984

Hi Johnny!
    Very much looking forward to part 2 of The Supremes Let Yourself Go!

Have a great show!

Shout out to Andy!

Great-was mentioned Cindy could be on this week-any chance?

Hi John,
    Sounds like another great show. I'll try to make it.

Yes I hope Cindy can make it and also hope someone can tape because may have to work tonight. Good luck with show and thay Mj, Andy George and maybe Cindy in advance

Wow part Three!!!

I will have to have the I sound program working overtime [[no pun intended to that other former Supreme). the last hour or so is hard for me to stay up with. It's great to be ale to listen to the whole show the following day after work.

I received a delivery notice for the set so it is still at my building.

MJ: If you have a minute could you ask about More Hits!!!

Break a leg and congrats for what I'm sure will be a Trifecta!!!

best, dba

Hey John, looking forward to another fun, informative and high energy show!!

John-For this special occasion, I think you should change your profile picture to the one with you wearing a Motown t-shirt. Everyone else should wear their Supremes necklace!!

Only kidding, everyone please have a great time tonight. I can't make it, gotta be up early tomorrow

Looking forward to Letting Myself Go one more time tonight. Thanks Johnny, Andy, and George [[and welcome to the show George).

Jim

longtime forum lurker here. i think all this supremes excitement is starting to draw me out.. enjoyed the last two supremes shows, so will be listening in for this one!

Ramone Verona Guest
    I plan on listening.
    I would ask George if he's ever come across any evidence of why songs like "Bend A Little" were shelved.
    There must be some notes or descriptions somewhere that give a clue.

John , i will be here representing baltimore!!! cant wait. i havent got my cd yet but i got a email it will be here by may 19. hope Cindy will be able to join us as well.
    wow, last week 3 supremes in one night! first time ive heard Susaye and i think im in love.she was lovely!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! such a calssy lady. look forward to hearing you ,andy, and george. george is a walking supremes book i think.

Folks...thanks so much for your interest and terrific enthusiasm....we'll be here shortly....MUCH appreciated!!!

i am surprised they left great songs such as SHA LA BANDIT,BEND A LITTLE,CAN WE LOVE AGAIN off of the supremes 75 lp.love these songs

....in the studio...HOWDEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!

Yeah !!!

Des from California

Ramone Verona Guest
    Could you ask George when we might see more unreleased Jean tracks like "Remote Control" and "Stepped On A Dream" and "How Long Has That Evening Train Been Gone"?

LET YOURSELF GO, a perfect opening. to bad there wasnt an alternate mix of this song!

Everybody dance! Clap your hands, clap your hands!

Hi Jim,
    Makes me think of Hand Clappin' by Red Prysock.

Quote Originally Posted by MotownSteve View Post
    Hi Jim,
    Makes me think of Hand Clappin' by Red Prysock.
    I was thinking of the Chic hit "Everbody Dance", but Hand Clappin' is a great tune.

Reuben Howell You Can't Stop A Man In Love

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dws9BZYCBqw

Can you tell us when the project you can't talk about is going to be released? You wouldn't want us to have nothing but heartaches! lol!
    Last edited by sophisticated_soul; 05-17-2011 at 09:58 PM.

BEND A LITTLE would have been a number#1 hit!

Ramone Verona Guest
    It's great they're in the studio working on it, but "More Hits" doesn't sound as close to release as I had hoped.
    And still room for execs. to delay.

Quote Originally Posted by sophisticated_soul View Post
    Can you tell us when the project you can't talk about is going to be released? You wouldn't want us to have nothing but heartaches! lol!
    Good things sometimes come to those of us who wait.

is there a[supremes or ross] song that Andy and george would like to come out. any favorite album that they would like to see reissued?

George, is there an alternate vocals or take on TOUCH?

Great show; I haven't caught one for a long time; but somebody sent me a tape of last weeks to listen to.

I will go buy all the Playlist CDs now because of what you've all said.

Awesome, excellent, sweet.

As John knows, I have had the opportunity of seeing in performance all groupings of The Supremes beginning in 1963! I have had many wonderful opportunities to enjoy their performances [[including the Copa!) --- and I have shared stories on this Board. [[I often remind younger fans of the great role that Cindy played in the stage act!!!)

My question: Are you considering the release of any additional "live' performances by The Supremes?
    Last edited by longtimefan; 05-17-2011 at 11:32 PM.

hello Andy! david

The mix of 'Touch' that George included on the cassette version of "Greatest Hits and Rare Classics" was for want of a better term 'quite unusual' [[at least to my ears, when compared to other released versions). Does George have any additional information about this mix?

i like HEARTACHES! ......better than....BACK IN MY ARMS.....but thats just my opinion

any more REMIX albums??

It was good to hear that the fabulous karaoke series was so successful; of course, we want more, more, more!

A question about the version of Itching In My Heart with the extended ending with Mary and Florence that is on one of the Anthologies: Was that the original recorded version, which was omitted for the original release, or a new remix in which the ending was added for this later release?

So does remastered mean everything is left the same and just buffed-up with today's technology and does remixed mean that some things were edited while being remastered???
    Last edited by johnjeb; 05-17-2011 at 11:02 PM.

Always fun to hear the stories from Andy and George!! Great show!!

It was the right ear!

Is Andy still going to give out the web address for the site he and Susaye mentioned last week?

Love the show tonight and all the insider info.....

Just curious if now that we've completed the 70's era Supremes albums if there's been any talk of going back and putting out the only two remaining sixties LP's not to see light of day on CD yet, Funny Girl and On Broadway. I know they were the poorest selling of the Ross era vinyls and thanks George & Andy for trickling out certain cuts on compilations from them over the years but curious if maybe they've been vetoed by the accounting end based on their past history....

I will gladly buy Baby Love 20 more times if they gotta go on compilations to get them just so you know... [[big smile)

RossHolloway Guest
    John P.- Would you ask George if all the unreleased tracks from the Greatest Hits and Rare Classics masters on Kim Weston and Brenda Holloway been released [[on like their Anthology). And ask if he recalls there are still alot of unreleased Brenda Holloway tracks.
    Last edited by RossHolloway; 05-17-2011 at 11:26 PM.

A lot of the girls Sullivan appearances videos are now being sold on Itunes for $1.99 each by the way..... so you can buy You Can't Hurry Love to check for yourself the earring question.....

speaking of TOUCH ME IN THE MORNING, what a great job on the deluxe edition

Ramone Verona Guest
    Yes! Please ask about the new Supremes blog or vlog AND about Funny Girl & G.I.T.!!

Thanks guys: George, Andy and John: I've waited years for this behind the scenes kind of stuff. John you should try to get HDH, Frank Wilson, et al for more information about record making.
    Love this. Thanks again, guys.

Lorne

Thanks, John, for having these shows! I have been reading about these things [[again since 1963), but I have learned a lot this week and last week! Your efforts are appreciated greatly.

Ramone Verona Guest
    I like how Andy said "WHEN" we do the "Lost & Found" as opposed to "if"

would love a 70s LOST AND FOUND. david
    wonder if Steve wonder would give up SOFT DAYS,....and the other gems

since you guys are talking about remixes, have to mention the great tom moulton mix of "stoned love" that came out several years back.. he really brought out the proto-disco element of that song, true to his style, while staying true to what was there.. i, personally would enjoy more like that.
    Last edited by telekin; 05-17-2011 at 11:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by telekin View Post
    since you guys are talking about remixes, have to mention the great tom moulton mix of "stoned love" that came out several years back.. he really brought out the proto-disco element of that song, true to his style, while staying true to what was there.. i, personally would enjoy more like that.
    Thanks so much guys. Any Cindy leads ANYWHERE in the vaults? Any 70 live recordings in the vault coming to us. Thanks much