Riff Magazine [[never heard of it) is publishing a Top 108 albums of 2021. Today, they published the list from 95 tp 83 on line and Diana' album is Number 93 in Top 108 Best Albums of 2021.

I guess they will list a few each day til they get to number one. Here is what they say about Diana.

Welcome back to RIFF’s year-end album roundup! If you’re joining us just now, you’re here early enough to catch up on Part one.

Like the rest of our massive seven-part series, Part 2 is as musically diverse as West Oakland, which might explain why Weezer and Diana Ross appear alongside Femi and Made Kuti [[if you don’t know much about Fela Kuti, here’s your chance to learn), as well as San Francisco’s ZHU. My Morning Jacket lives here, as do Bleachers. Let’s get into it!

93. Diana Ross
Thank You – Decca – Sara London

Diana Ross’ last album came in 1999, making Thank You particularly special. Produced by a strong team of musicians including Jack Antonoff, Ross reminds us all why she’s considered one of the most acclaimed musicians alive with her solid songwriting abilities. The structure and composition of every song here is both extraordinarily catchy and polished. The melodies are fun and fit well with Diana Ross’ current vocal range. Instrumentally, the tunes are filled with Motown and disco callbacks, like glossy horns and smooth, groovy percussion on songs like “All is Well” or “I Still Believe.” Even if quarantine has made you a bit curmudgeonly cynical, Ross’ passion for positivity shines through in a heartfelt way.

https://riffmagazine.com/year-in-rev...-2-diana-ross/