[REMOVE ADS]

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Percy Sledge memories

About two weeks ago, I heard on the Siriux Channel 49 a Percy Sledge song from 1966 ---- It Tears Me Up. I was totally unfamiliar with this song so I purchased a CD by Percy Sledge by the same name. Since I have gotten this CD, I must have played the entire CD at least five times beginning to end. One song that JUMPED out at me was LOVE ME TENDER. I don't know how many people remember Elvis Presley's version, but I must admit that Percy's version is far more soulful and far more thrilling. I have never heard Percy's version before. However, I am really glad I obtained this CD and am really enjoying it. Every one of the 23 songs on it are really great.

Does anyone else remember Percy's version? If not, it's well worth the investment to obtain it. Elvis's was released in 1956 but Percy's was not released until 1967. Too bad Percy didn't beat Elvis to the punch. He would have had a monumental song on his roster.

I got my CD through discogs from a seller ddsdiscsva for a very reasonable price. He has a lot of excellent CDs available through discogs.
    Last edited by woodward; 11-20-2021 at 05:46 PM.