[REMOVE ADS]

Very rare shalamar clip

Here's a rare clip of the original Shalamar line up and even Jeffrey is singing on here. Does anyone know whatever happened to original member Gerald Brown? I know on UNSUNG he left because he wanted more money but has he ever made any attempts to record since or appeared on any recordings. He had a great voice and was a great dancer. I love the element that Howard brought to the group but no way in the world could I see him dancin like this cat.

You can see Gerald Brown talking right here 2 years ago and go to 1:09 to see him talking about what happened in the group if you want to skip the first minute of Jody. The whole unfiltered thing on youtube with Jody telling her part of the story is fascinating if you are a Shalamar fan.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDWhuwbYtIM

Stephanie

You beat me to the punch! I was still ploughing through trying to find where Jody responded.

I'm a big Shalamar fan too and since they were in the UK quite a bit, I was able to watch them on TV regularly. One episode of Top Of The Pops has to be seen to be believed as it features Jeffrey dancing solo on his own. That was a very unusual appearance of the group!

I like this. Gerald Brown was not an orginal member however. I recall their original lead singer being Gary Mumford [["Uptown Festival" et.al.)

Marv, you are right..forgot about that until they showed the very first lp cover in the Jody clip. Thanx for posting Stephanie, great informative clip and good to see that he's still around.