[REMOVE ADS]

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    The only thing I find strange about the tracklisting for this forthcoming 'Motown' Anthology is the inclusion of "Why Can't We All Get Along", as it's clear that this is not a track that Mary recorded for Motown. I'm guessing it was included because it was already added on as a bonus to the earlier digital release of her album, and in order to create interest in her newer material, which will be of benefit to the other future Mary Wilson album release. I guess since that digital track was technically released on the Motown label earlier this year, it would be considered as a Motown track. It's a good song though and it will be nice to have on CD in the meantime, until we get her complete Richard Davis recordings.

While I'm at it, also on my wish list is to have Mary's Walk the Line album and her Richard Davis album on vinyl! Just putting that out there!
    Last edited by carlo; 11-18-2021 at 01:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by carlo View Post
    The only thing I find strange about the tracklisting for this forthcoming 'Motown' Anthology is the inclusion of "Why Can't We All Get Along", as it's clear that this is not a track that Mary recorded for Motown. I'm guessing it was included because it was already added on as a bonus to the earlier digital release of her album, and in order to create interest in her newer material, which will be of benefit to the other future Mary Wilson album release. I guess since that digital track was technically released on the Motown label earlier this year, it would be considered as a Motown track. It's a good song though and it will be nice to have on CD in the meantime, until we get her complete Richard Davis recordings.

While I'm at it, also on my wish list is to have Mary's Walk the Line album and her Richard Davis album on vinyl! Just putting that out there!

I would love to see future releases [[on CD, though) of Walk The Line, her singles U and Turn Around as well as her Richard Davis material. I wonder if we will see that in our future. I hope that the Expanded Edition CD does well. I never thought we would ever see anything released on her, unfortunately since she has passed we don't get to see her on air promoting and enjoying this. I suppose how well this release does will be a big factor, plus I believe Turkessa is in charge of her estate and I wonder how much time she would have in her life for these proposed future projects.