Hopefully, Bradburger will see this as he always seems to pick right up on what I'm going on about. From the Away We A Go-Go album, this has always been one of my favorites. There is something ethereal, otherworldly and sinuously, seriously slinky about "Oh Be My Love." The tempo is at such a relaxed, slow-as-molasses pace, this had to have been an ultimate make out tune. [[And that bass line though- there is some serious finger work going on with this one.)

One thing in particular about this song; I always felt the drums sounded as if they were hitting the beat just a millisecond off, a very casual playing technique very different than Motown's usual right-on-the-beat style. So recently, I was listening to this when it hit me- was this thing recorded at one speed and then slowed down a tone or two? There is something in the drum sound that made me wonder if that's what is going on here. I'd love to hear others' opinions on this. So recently, I was listening to this when it hit me- was this thing recorded at one speed and then slowed down a tone or two? There is something in the drum sound that made me wonder if that's what is going on here.