Quote Originally Posted by jim aka jtigre99 View Post
This is an odd and interesting topic. I honestly don't think that every Motown act could be in attendance for Florence's funeral. The company had relocated to California by this time. Florence had no longer been with Motown for about 8 1/2 years. The artists may have been all over the World at the time performing and may not have had the opportunity to attend. I am sure cancelling performance around the country and world would not have been an option. The fact that The Four Tops and Stevie Wonder were there says that they were a family. Her former bandmates were both there. I personally could care less if Mary borrowed the studded skullcap she wore here and on the back of High Energy from Cindy. I don't think Mary "made a career" over Diana making a statement and being there. Mary merely stated in her book that Diana had not spoke with her about making a statement with her and that she was taken aback.\\ Mary loved Diana but did not always like her behavior[[just as I am sure Diana felt about Mary) and that she didn't want to get up and speak as nothing was planned. The fact that Diana and Mary were both there simply showed they both loved Florence and regardless of what professional business they may have had, were both in attendance for such a sad and shocking funeral. I am sure it was a sad day for the Motown family whether they could attend or not.

Jim: I think your thread is dynamic. You pointed out a lot of logical reasons why there was no huge Motown "family" attendance at the funeral. Your points are well taken. Thank you for being what I consider facutual.