[REMOVE ADS]

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Not saying soul/r&b music didn't wane in the 90's but just that it didn't completely disappear like that. So what if some, like soulster, found other music he could enjoy,
    outside of the discussed genre. Did that make it "garbage" not worth anyone's attention?
    In the 90's I was still trailing the vapors of the Funk, P and or otherwise. Sade and Anita
    Baker did it for me too. I also did in all honesty enjoy the blooming decade of hip-hop,
    and have no regrets about it. I also was at the time getting heavily into the rebirth of
    jazz that was taking place with new blood like Cassandra Wilson was at the time. Nowadays a lot of these musicians are paying tribute in interesting ways to earlier icons
    like Earth Wind and Fire, The Delfonics and Curtis Mayfield along with the usual suspects,
    Marvin Gaye and most commonly covered Stevie Wonder. It might not meet some folks
    approval, but as the 90's started I was definitely digging on TLC's Diggin' On You and
    Waterfalls and still picking up Diamonds and Pearls from Prince...

Quote Originally Posted by splanky View Post
    Not saying soul/r&b music didn't wane in the 90's but just that it didn't completely disappear like that. So what if some, like soulster, found other music he could enjoy,
    outside of the discussed genre. Did that make it "garbage" not worth anyone's attention?
    In the 90's I was still trailing the vapors of the Funk, P and or otherwise. Sade and Anita
    Baker did it for me too. I also did in all honesty enjoy the blooming decade of hip-hop,
    and have no regrets about it. I also was at the time getting heavily into the rebirth of
    jazz that was taking place with new blood like Cassandra Wilson was at the time. Nowadays a lot of these musicians are paying tribute in interesting ways to earlier icons
    like Earth Wind and Fire, The Delfonics and Curtis Mayfield along with the usual suspects,
    Marvin Gaye and most commonly covered Stevie Wonder. It might not meet some folks
    approval, but as the 90's started I was definitely digging on TLC's Diggin' On You and
    Waterfalls and still picking up Diamonds and Pearls from Prince...
    No one never said they had a problem with what Soulster was listening to back then lol, I just expressed my opinion to him, that was it lol...