[REMOVE ADS]

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Supremes Collections & Compilations

So I decided to organize my collection of CD Supreme collections [see pics below - that’s most of them] and it got me thinking - which ones are people’s favorites and why? For me, sometimes it’s because of the mastering, sometimes it’s because of the artwork/packaging, sometimes it’s the song selection/sequence, sometimes it’s because it has unique versions - and sometimes it’s all of those! For instance, the US release of Playlist Plus has great mastering, song selection/sequence, unique versions, and the packaging is very nice but, alas, no booklet - that’s ok, the glossy digipak has beautiful photos.

More than honorable mentions include The Story of The Supremes, Soul Legends, Gold, Greatest Hits & Rare Classics, 25th Anniversary, The Ultimate Collection, and Sequins & Smiles. Still, there’s usually something to appreciate about each of them, no matter how small. And I’m sure this isn’t even close to all of them, especially worldwide.

I deliberately left out the Box Set, The 50th Anniversary Singles Collection, This Is The Story, and Let Yourself Go as they’re all in a class by themselves!

What Supremes compilations do you all favor and why?

Name:  1618BEE8-F069-4F8C-A777-17ADF98DADA7.jpg
Views: 532
Size:  20.0 KB
    Name:  FE23438F-C0C1-4B77-B4D3-4E8A59DFBD12.jpg
Views: 567
Size:  20.1 KB
    Name:  512CDC60-7D85-4A2D-9298-4DE663B12650.jpg
Views: 553
Size:  17.4 KB
    Last edited by ejluther; 08-30-2021 at 10:03 PM.