[REMOVE ADS]

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ollie9 View Post
    It’s not enough to just release a song, cross your fingers and hope for the best.
    With promotion “Just Danced”could take off, but it’s simply just not happening at the mo.
    From what we have heard i think the album will be a quality release. At that point Diana really is going to have to make some effort at promotion.
    Absolutely delighted but actually pretty shocked because I didn't really think it was their sort of music but If The World Just Danced has been added to the Radio 2 "A" play list with effect from today [[11 September)!

Radio 2 is the most listened radio station in the UK.

I personally really like Dance now more so than Thank You - it almost certainly got squeezed out by all the Abba mania last week.

Because of how the charts work nowadays it won't chart [[and the record comany know this) because artists like Diana simply don't get streamed big time but what it does serve to do is bring attention to the new album.

What we really need now is for the third single to be a huge melodic ballad.

There's no point in burying our head in the sand, Diana in the main is not a massive album seller in the UK [[hit collections excepted).

She certainly has had some big albums here [[ones which have contained a big hit single) but just as many if not more which have charted lowly for just a couple of weeks and sold mediocrely.

If Diana does not do some promotion then as you say the album could just slip by quietly without causing much of a ripple.

They've already changed the release date once - would it be so difficult to put it back another week or two [[even forward)?

Surely someone at Decca must realise that to release it on the same day as the new Abba album is literally suicide - it will get swamped.

Of course maybe Decca and Diana have something big planned in the way of promotion which we don't know about yet but I somehow very much doubt it.

Just a pity Bluebrock is not about to tell us what the heck is going on - they've already bungled the release of If The World Just Danced.

Quote Originally Posted by florence View Post
    Absolutely delighted but actually pretty shocked because I didn't really think it was their sort of music but If The World Just Danced has been added to the Radio 2 "A" play list with effect from today [[11 September)!

Radio 2 is the most listened radio station in the UK.

I personally really like Dance now more so than Thank You - it almost certainly got squeezed out by all the Abba mania last week.

Because of how the charts work nowadays it won't chart [[and the record comany know this) because artists like Diana simply don't get streamed big time but what it does serve to do is bring attention to the new album.

What we really need now is for the third single to be a huge melodic ballad.

There's no point in burying our head in the sand, Diana in the main is not a massive album seller in the UK [[hit collections excepted).

She certainly has had some big albums here [[ones which have contained a big hit single) but just as many if not more which have charted lowly for just a couple of weeks and sold mediocrely.

If Diana does not do some promotion then as you say the album could just slip by quietly without causing much of a ripple.

They've already changed the release date once - would it be so difficult to put it back another week or two [[even forward)?

Surely someone at Decca must realise that to release it on the same day as the new Abba album is literally suicide - it will get swamped.

Of course maybe Decca and Diana have something big planned in the way of promotion which we don't know about yet but I somehow very much doubt it.

Just a pity Bluebrock is not about to tell us what the heck is going on - they've already bungled the release of If The World Just Danced.
    Encouraging news regarding Radio 2. Who would have thought?.
    At the mo it’s as if the song had never been released, a huge shame as it’s a decent dance number. I’m pinning all my hopes on Diana promoting the album. Agree that the third single needs to be a killer ballad.
    The release date is of course nuts. It needs to be brought forward a week, no if’s or buts.