[REMOVE ADS]

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by copley View Post
    Is there a track listing please?
    There's not one up at Amazon yet, no [[just preordered my copy there, though - thanks for the heads up, Ramone Verona):
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...=ATVPDKIKX0DER
    And there's nothing about it at all at HIP-O yet:
    http://www.hip-oselect.com/scr.publi...words=supremes

Quote Originally Posted by Ramone Verona View Post
    Wonderful to have pre-ordered "MORE HITS" today from Amazon!!
    Thanks again to George and Andy and Harry for bringing this release to us.
    So many have stated how it was the first LP they purchased by the Supremes back in the day!
    This CD set will also feature as a Christmas gift for a friend of mine.

Wanted to also take this time to say a HUGE thank you to several members here that sent me some highly collectible tracks
    from the girls that make discovering them once again so much fun!
    These are tracks from TV Shows that the girls recorded on the set and then the tracks were never aired or changed by the time they aired. I had the songs from the Glen Campbell show but had never heard or even knew that the girls did "Homeward Bound" as a complete song without Glenn; always assumed it was the medley so many of us have heard.
    And another friend sent an audio of a football skit/song that the girls do with Joe Namath that never aired.
    Joe is no singer! Ha.
    I guess it would reason that guests would end up doing more things than were needed for a show just like Motown recorded more songs than needed for an album and then just used what was best.
    Thought I had about seen or heard everything and now THESE fun collectibles!
    MORE of "these hits", please!
    Ramone is there anyway you could share those tracks with another fan, ME

Quote Originally Posted by rod_rick View Post
    Ramone is there anyway you could share those tracks with another fan, ME
    Me, too? They sound fun and interesting...

And the track listing is?..................................LOL

Quote Originally Posted by aarondillon2011@gmail.com View Post
    And the track listing is?..................................LOL
    Well, we all know what the original track listing is, but this is a 2-Disc set and info about the extra tracks/mixes that are included has not been released yet.

might turn out to be the stereo mix of the album AND the mono mix of the album type of deal..

Here are some tracks that were recorded during the time period when MORE HITS was constructed. I am NOT indicating that this is the track listing of the expanded version, just possible entries.

1. Ooowee Baby [[August 64) Alternate Mix
    2. [[I'm So Glad) Heartaches Don't Last Always [[August 64)
    3. Ask Any Girl [[October 64)
    4. The Only Time I'm Happy [[November 64)
    5. Beach Ball [[December 64) Alternate Version
    6. Come Into My Palace [[December 64)
    7. I'm In Love Again [[December 64)
    8. Surfer Boy [[December 64) Original Mix
    9. Honey Boy [[January 65)
    10. Stop! In the Name of Love [[January 65) Alternate Version
    11. Take Me Where You Go [[January 65) Version 3
    12. Back In My Arms Again [[February 65) Alternate Vocal
    13. He Holds His Own [[February 65)
    14. It's All Your Fault [[February 65) Version 1
    15. Too Hurt To Cry [[February 65)
    16. Whisper You Love Me Boy [[February 65)
    17. Who Could Ever Doubt My Love [[February 65)
    18. Little Miss Loser [[March 65)
    19. Nothing But Heartaches [[May 65) Second Version
    20. Mother Dear [[June 65)

Quote Originally Posted by Jimi LaLumia View Post
    might turn out to be the stereo mix of the album AND the mono mix of the album type of deal..
    I imagine both sets of mixes would be on the same CD, though [[as they've done in the past) so the 2nd disc remains a mystery...

Any news yet Andy or Harry? :-)

RossHolloway Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by longtimefan View Post
    Here are some tracks that were recorded during the time period when MORE HITS was constructed. I am NOT indicating that this is the track listing of the expanded version, just possible entries.

1. Ooowee Baby [[August 64) Alternate Mix
    2. [[I'm So Glad) Heartaches Don't Last Always [[August 64)
    3. Ask Any Girl [[October 64)
    4. The Only Time I'm Happy [[November 64)
    5. Beach Ball [[December 64) Alternate Version
    6. Come Into My Palace [[December 64)
    7. I'm In Love Again [[December 64)
    8. Surfer Boy [[December 64) Original Mix
    9. Honey Boy [[January 65)
    10. Stop! In the Name of Love [[January 65) Alternate Version
    11. Take Me Where You Go [[January 65) Version 3
    12. Back In My Arms Again [[February 65) Alternate Vocal
    13. He Holds His Own [[February 65)
    14. It's All Your Fault [[February 65) Version 1
    15. Too Hurt To Cry [[February 65)
    16. Whisper You Love Me Boy [[February 65)
    17. Who Could Ever Doubt My Love [[February 65)
    18. Little Miss Loser [[March 65)
    19. Nothing But Heartaches [[May 65) Second Version
    20. Mother Dear [[June 65)

Just curious: Is there a difference between Ask Any Girl on the WDOLG lp vs the More Hits cut?

The More Hits mix fades sooner and brings out the strings. Vocals are the same. Great track, could have been a hit on its own

I don't know, it was always too 'cha cha cha' for me, no energy there at all..

I'd respectively disagree, the mono version on the WDOLGO set explodes

I like it, I just don't love it..

I love Ask Any Girl. Now if you want to hear destruction, listen to Tony Martin's version

RossHolloway Guest
    I've always thought that Ask Any Girl and Standing at the Crossroads of Love were two greatly overlooked songs by the Supremes/HDH.

There's always tears on my pillow, [[tear, tear, tears)
    cause I'm always in the middle of,
    heartache and emotion,
    heartbreak and devotion.
    Loving, caring,
    but its desparing.
    Trying to be true,
    thought it makes me blue...

I'm standing at the crossroads of love.

for that era, they were good tracks, but just not hully gully, shing a ling, go go boots -ish enough for me..

Can someone tell me how "Standing In The Shadows Of Love" is a "reworking" of "Standing At The Crossroads Of Love?" Except for title similarities I just don't hear it.

Hello everyone!

Now that the Supremes Singles Collection is heading your way, are you ready for MORE HITS? So many of you have asked for a track list. Well, here it is. Tomorrow, when it is formally announced on the Hip-o Select website, you'll get some good news about the packaging. So, for now, here is part 1 of the good news!

DISC 1
    1-12: Original Mono LP / 13-24: Original Stereo LP
    1./13. ASK ANY GIRL
    2./14. NOTHING BUT HEARTACHES
    3./15. MOTHER DEAR
    4./16. STOP! IN THE NAME OF LOVE
    5./17. HONEY BOY
    6./18. BACK IN MY ARMS AGAIN
    7./19. WHISPER YOU LOVE ME BOY
    8./20. THE ONLY TIME I’M HAPPY
    9./21. HE HOLDS HIS OWN
    10./22. WHO COULD EVER DOUBT MY LOVE
    11./23. [[I’M SO GLAD) HEARTACHES DON’T LAST ALWAYS
    12./24. I’M IN LOVE AGAIN
    25. COCA-COLA COMMERCIALS Stereo Mixes
    26. SUPREMES INTERVIEW Alternate Version

DISC 2
    More...
    1. BABY LOVE Live At The Fox
    2. WHERE DID OUR LOVE GO Live At The Fox
    3. COME SEE ABOUT ME Live At The Fox
    4. COME INTO MY PALACE
    5. OOWEE BABY
    6. SURFER BOY
    7. BEACH BALL
    8. STOP! IN THE NAME OF LOVE Version 1
    9. TAKE ME WHERE YOU GO Version 1 without strings
    10. BACK IN MY ARMS AGAIN Alternate Vocal
    11. TOO HURT TO CRY, TOO IN LOVE TO SAY GOODBYE
    12. WHISPER YOU LOVE ME BOY Alternate Vocal
    13. NOTHING BUT HEARTACHES Alternate Vocal
    14. IT’S ALL YOUR FAULT Version 2
    15. MOTHER DEAR Version 2
    16. TOO MUCH A LITTLE TOO SOON
    17. HE HOLDS HIS OWN Alternate Vocal
    18. MOONLIGHT AND KISSES
    19. BABY, BABY, WO IST UNSERE LIEBE Where Did Our Love Go
    20. THANK YOU DARLING, THANK YOU BABY
    21. JONNY UND JOE Come See About Me
    22. STOP! IN THE NAME OF LOVE Live In Paris
    23. BABY LOVE Live In Paris
    24. SOMEWHERE Live In Paris
    25. YOU’RE NOBODY ’TIL SOMEBODY LOVES YOU Live In Paris
    26. SHAKE Live In Paris

Previously Unreleased: Disc 1, tracks 21, 25 and 26; Disc 2 tracks 1-17, 25 and 26

We are very excited about both of these new releases, the Singles Collection AND More Hits. They are both quite stunning. With More Hits, most of the songs on Disc 2 have now been mixed in stereo for the first time ever and they sound incredible. Keep an eye for the set's announcement on Hip-o Select tomorrow to pre-order!

Whooooooo hooooooo. Thanks Andy :-). Can't wait for the good news about the packaging tomorrow.

Looks great!

It all sounds great Andy, can't wait to get it.

Congrats to you and all the team.

Wayne

Well done Andy. Cant wait to buy it.

Andy your time and effort is greatly appreciated by all fans. Keep up the good work!

Hip-O says 'sold out"; will this affect my pre order on amazon.com?

It always says 'sold out' before going live!

thanks...what about their pre orders? how are they placed with that 'sold out' tag?

hello,just ordered my copy.looking forward to this cd as well but ,..other than the live tracks, i think all the songs have been released before[not counting alt versions].
    i am not complaining ,just an observation. looking forward to the live tracks. i still think a Supremes live set would be cool. now i have to go and pull out my old copy of MORE HITS and give it a listen.
    i also love ASK ANY GIRL.such a missed classic. hope there is some info on the song in the booklet.
    did ASK ANY GIRL get airplay???? just curious since it was on both albums? thanks Andy and Harry and staff.

I've always been curious about Ask Any Girl as well. To be included on a second LP was unusual, but as the lead track prior to the three hit singles is quite curious. It seems there may have been a plan in the works for this song. I hope a fan from that era can shed some light on this.

when it is formally announced on the Hip-o Select website, you'll get some good news about the packaging
    The CD looks really great as is but am I missing something about the packaging? Also, it says "Disc 1 :: Tracks 21, 25 and 26" are unreleased but Track 21 on Disc 1 is "21. He Holds His Own [[Original Stereo LP)" and that's obviously been released before, yes? Regardless, this looks like yet another great HIP-O Supremes release and I appreciate all the hard work that goes into them...

Hip-O says 'sold out"; will this affect my pre order on amazon.com?
    PS: The "Sold Out" tag at Hip-O's site hasn't affected my orders from AMAZON in the past - for instance, LET YOURSELF GO was listed as "Sold Out" before I ordered it from AMAZON and I still got it fine. I've already pre-ordered MORE HITS from AMAZON, too..
    Last edited by ejluther; 10-15-2011 at 07:32 AM.

Hello everyone!

The Hip-o announcement that went up was supposed to mention that there are TWO deluxe booklets inside. The first one, as with Meet The Supremes and Where Did Our Love Go Expanded Editions will contain rare and never-before published photos along with an essay and a detailed timeline. Inside, you will learn why "Ask Any Girl" was remixed and repeated from the previous album, why "Mother Dear" was recorded three different times, learn how much the Supremes accomplished in 1965 on an amazing and incredibly hectic schedule, and so much more.

The second booklet is a reformatted, resized version of the 1965 Supremes tour book! For those of you lucky fans out there who have this, you already know how special it is, with rare photos not available anywhere else. But now everyone will get a chance to experience the booklet which also contains rare photos!

Many of you have asked about "He Holds His Own," which was issued in mono on both the mono and stereo albums. We have included the original unissed 1965 stereo mix here, which is similar to the stereo mix issued in the UK awhile back. We've also included an alternate vocal of the song on disc 2. The songs on disc 2, not only in stereo, but also extended, blew our minds in the studio, and I sincerely can't wait to share it with all of you.

Not to worry about the "Sold Out" info on the website. It is on pre-sale and will be available to purchase soon, they will fix that glitch next week. I'm so glad everyone is excited about this set. I can't tell you how proud of it I am, and how beautiful it really is. Enjoy!

So is your next stop "I Hear A Symphony Expanded Edition?"

MotownAndy, I am sure I speak for large numbers of Supremes/Diana Ross and Motown fans in saying thank you to you and to your team for another incredible package. I am so looking forward to recieving More Hits and am anxious for the ennouncement of the next release. THANK YOU for your efforts!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Motown Andy View Post
    The second booklet is a reformatted, resized version of the 1965 Supremes tour book!
    Sounds wonderful! Thank you!

hoping for a Copa 'live' edition, perhaps with Farewell and Talk Of The Town in the mix...but, of course, one thing at a time...

RossHolloway Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by BayouMotownMan View Post
    So is your next stop "I Hear A Symphony Expanded Edition?"
    Wouldn't the expanded edition of IHAS be the There's a Place For Us cd?

There's A Place For Us included one outtake from IHAS [[All of A Sudden My Heart Sings), but otherwise was a seperate project. Let the Music Play was also planned for IHAS. Does anyone know of other songs intended for IHAS that didn't make the cut?

thanks for the update, just in time for my birthday. looking forward to it. thanks for all your hardwork.

I am sitting here laughing at all of you who are already talking about the next release. This one has not even hit the shelves yet. Enjoy the moment.

I DID say, one thing at a time...

The second booklet is a reformatted, resized version of the 1965 Supremes tour book!
    That sounds very cool! Is that the one with this cover?
    http://images.marketplaceadvisor.cha...emes65good.jpg
    Thanks again for all the hard work and for giving us the scoop!

Tour Book

The extra booklet for MORE HITS BY THE SUPREMES is titled "Meet The Supremes" and uses the same individually autographed shots from the cover of MORE HITS. It's also their most elaborate tour book at 32 pages with color photos throughout.
    The tour book from the above link [[with the Country Western and Pop pic) came shortly after right after they played the Copa.
    We're really happy with the whole MORE HITS collection. I think everyone's really going to love it!

I think we're gonna love it too George. You and Andy always do an excellent job! I never knew that tour book existed?! I always thought the first one was the one with the "Country Western and Pop" pic. Can't wait to get the new collection. And a 3rd version of "Mother Dear!"Excellent! I LOVED that song. It was one of my favorites on "More HIts," and on the box set.
    Last edited by jeff9nyc; 10-16-2011 at 07:51 PM.

Wow, George! I was there throughout all of those 60's performances and never recall a DMF tour book with the MORE HITS pictures on the front called Meet The Supremes. There was [[1) the COUNTRY WESTERN AND POP picture [[1965); [[2) ORANGE PRINT DRESSES SITTING IN CHAIRS picture [[1966); and, [[3) gold minidress/gowns similar to PLAYLIST PLUS [[1967).

By the way, the one with the gold dresses [[1967) has color autographed pictures on the inside of the front cover, but they are not the ones from MORE HITS. It also has color autographed pictures on the back cover [[from NEVER BEFORE RELEASED MASTERS).

The one with orange print dresses [[1966) has the individual autographed pictures from MORE HITS on the inside of the front cover in black and white.

I must have phased out! p.s. I still have the original programs ... and cannot believe that I ever missed one.

I always thought that except for one song, More Hits was the best quality Supremes album........for my taste.

Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    I always thought that except for one song, More Hits was the best quality Supremes album........for my taste.
    It is a very satisfying record. What's the one song you find lacking? I guess if I had to pick one to omit it might be "Honey Boy" - I don't especially hate it or anything but, IMO, it just doesn't quite fit with the rest of the album somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyB View Post
    I've always been curious about Ask Any Girl as well. To be included on a second LP was unusual, but as the lead track prior to the three hit singles is quite curious. It seems there may have been a plan in the works for this song. I hope a fan from that era can shed some light on this.
    It wasn't that unusual for a song to appear on two different albums during the '60s; other examples of this are The Temptations' "The Way You Do The Things You Do" shows up on both Meet The Temptations and The Temptations Sing Smokey; Jr. Walker & the All Stars' "I'm A Road Runner" on both the Shotgun and Road Runner LPs; The Miracles "Your Love" is on Hi, We're The Miracles and The Fabulous Miracles. Anyway, we'll find out why The Supremes' "Ask Any Girl" was used as the closing track of Where Did Our Love Go and the opening track of More Hits By The Supremes when the deluxe edtion of More Hits comes out.

Motown Eddie, you'll learn lots of things. We certainly did. The Supremes puzzle just keeps getting filled in a little more each time, and it grows more beautiful. I'm very excited about this release. I'll be on John Perrone's Nightflight tomorrow night, you can all stream it live on the internet. I'll be discussing the new singles collection, and maybe a few references to More Hits. But aside from discussing the Supremes and their music, I'll be singing the praises of George Solomon, who is a brilliant man responsible for taking these projects to another level. We have a great team: me, George, Harry, the designers, the collectors. And I can't wait to continue sharing these stories with all of you.

i liked HONEY BOY but thought HE HOLDS HIS OWN was just ok.
    strange how successful WHERE DID OUR LOVE GO,I HEAR A SYMPHONY,A GO GO albums where, that this album seemed to sell less, but it also seems to be most fans favorite. but what do we really know about sales anyway? maybe Andy or George can comment as how successful this album was. i do think the height of the supremes career was in oct of 1965 which is right after this album was released.just thinking out loud. i would imagine really that this album would have been a huge seller