bought a few old Vibe magazines in a 2nd hand store today..just came across RJT writing on letters page about a prior review in the magazine on Take Me Higher....

"It was a revelation to read in your review of Diana Ross's latest Motown album,Take Me higher [[Revolutions, Dec/Jan),that the woman cant sing.And to think shes been a recording star for 30 years! Your uninformed critic,Elysa Gardner,made the same kind of cliche' statement about Ross's singing that one would expect from a person who never really listened to her music:that her singing has always been a triumph of style over substance amd limited size and range.Despite what Ms Gardner might think,Ross - complicated,mercurial,and temperamental star that she is -can most certainly sing circles around all of today's disposable divas,the ones Vibe pays homage to in each issue.
J. Randy Taraborrelli Los Angeles,CA
[[Editors note: The writer is the author of Call Her Miss Ross : The Unauthorised Biography Of Diana Ross)

Thought I would share this..earlier in the letters section theres postive and negative feedback on Andre Harrell taking over Motown