[REMOVE ADS]

Jackson 5 "Mama's Pearl" aka "Who's Making Whoopee With Your Girlfriend!"

I thought I had heard it all until today! WCBS-FM here in New York City played an ultra rare, original recording of what was to become the Jackson Five's hit "Mama's Pearl" called "Who's Making Whoopee With Your Girlfriend".

When they first announced it, I thought they were making a joke, but then when they played the recording complete with the voices of the producers and in studio musicians in the background.....I was floored! It seems that Motown got cold feet at the last minute as far as releasing this version of the song because of it's subject matter and the age of Michael Jackson at that time [[he was just 12 yrs. old) that they had it rewritten into the song we all know now as "Mama's Pearl".

Interestingly, the "Who's Making Whoopee With Your Girlfriend" had a much funkier rhythm track to it.

Has anyone else ever heard this version?

I don't think I have but one thing is for sure, I need to start listing to this radio stattion

Thank you Marv

You are welcome Boyfromxtown. Eureka, look what I found! Here is the song I was describing above. It begins at about 4:10 of this clip. Check it out:

It's ringing a bell with me now.

Thank you very much Marv.

Harry Weinger played that track for us, here in Chicago in Oct of '09. Amazing to have such a great rhythm track going and the words just don't fit. I'd love to hear the story of how the song was rewritten to be Mama's Pearl.