[REMOVE ADS]

Bob babbitt in hospital

I just talked to ann,and bob fell at the studio yesterday,and went into a seizure.
    He's in the hospital,and the doctors say he has a brain tumor. He's coherent,and the doctor says the tumor doesn't look like it's been there very long.
    They will decide today what course of treatment to take. Whether to remove it or what.

Keep bob in your prayers,and we'll all hope for the best!!

Ray

Damn, wasn't prepared for this. I'll certainly be pulling for Babbit to get through this. Thanks for the heads up, Ray..

Thank you Ray for letting us know.

I shall be keeping Bob in my prayers too.

prayers for Bob and his family. sad to hear that. I pray he overcomes this.

God bless you Bob,

Keep fighting

In the short time I have known you,
    you have proved to be a great musician
    and a compassionate friend.

Edafan from Boston

I'm really sorry to learn this. Babbitt. Hang in there, dude, we're thinking of you.

Bob Babbitt is a great guy. I will pray for his recovery. Thank you Ray for alerting us.

Marv

My prayers go out to Bob and his family in this critical time.

My thoughts will definitely be with Bob and his family.

I too am sorry to hear this.

My thoughts are with Bob and his family also.

Cheers

Paul

My thoughts and prayers are with Bob and his family.

My prayers for for a speedy recovery for Bob and may his family have the strength to carry them through this.

pshark Guest
    Wishing Bob a speedy recovery

Thank God it seems early... God Bless Bob Babbitt!

Sorry to hear about Babbitt, My prayers go out to him.

Thoughts and prayers going out to Babbitt for a speedy recovery...God Bless!

Best,

Mark

I wish Bob all the strenght he needs. I will light a candle for him.

I just got off the phone with Bobby Eli and he talked to Babbitt . He expected his wife to answer and he picked up the phone. He is home now and he has to go in for some more tests. Bobby said he sounded his usual self and said that Babbitt had fallen and hit his head. It looks like he will have a speedy recovery.

Keeping Bob in my prayers! Get well soon!

pshark Guest
    Right on

Glad to hear some good news!

Thanks for telling us Ray. Hang in there Bob. I hope you have a speedy recovery.

Dennis Coffey

Oh good I am so glad Bob is home he will feel much better. A funk brother has to rest get well Babbitt,
    Steph

Let's listen to the man playing on this classic http://youtu.be/HMkjUniOJSU

Wishing Bob Babbitt all the best.

Thanks Mikey..wow......get well soon Mr. Babbitt......

All my prayers for a swift recuperation, Bob ..

Thank God he's OK. There's only one Babbitt.

get well soon.
    Regards

Oh my, what did I miss? Hey Bob, I wish you all the best!! Please get well soon!!

Our thoughts and prayers are with the Babbitt family, as are those in the Facebook community.

Many Nashville Storms Plus One Bob Babbitt Storm....

We have been having many storms here in Nashville recently and about May 2/3 lightning struck out the back door of my house and entered in to the house via underground....The lightning blew out all of my phone land lines, my internet, my sub woofer on my surround sound speaker, my firestudio connnector to my main speakers in my midi studio and at the same time I was typing on my keypad the lightning came up into the pad and jolted my left hand causing it to raise about 5-6 ft in the air....The following weekend I was with an engineer friend of mine in my midi studio learning about my recently purchased Logic Pro recording technique when I had a bad fall...Thank God the engineer was here as he called 911 and an ambulance came to take me to the hospital....I was there 3-4 days came back home and then went back for 3-4 more days for Mri/Cat Scan test and some surgery....They sent me home last Friday and I have been feeling great! I will go next week to see the Drs and get update info on the test and they will let me know if I need any more treatment...etc....In the meantime the Funk Brothers will be doing two shows June 15 and 16 in Calagry, Canada, then Funk's will be at the Smithonian Instutute every day from June 30 to July 4th as part of their 2011 shows featuring the Blues and R&B/Motown artist....
    I am really looking forward to playing with our fantastic band and to share the stage with long time friend and Funk Brother guitarist Eddie Willis!! Motown vocalist Kim Weston will also be a guest singer with us!
    We will do two 40 minute shows a day and interviews between the shows as we will also be presented an honorariam to the Smithsonion Instutute.....I am told that the shows are free and if you can make it to see us please come and say hi and hang with us.....
    The Funks then will appear on August 27th in Detroit, Michigan as part of a two day tribute show honoring the many Artists through the years that came from the different styles of Detroit music featuring some of the most creative musical talant in the history of music...
    At some point in Oct the Funks will then be appearing in Hamilton, Canada and then the possibility of recording a new CD....We will then take a well deserved rest and come spring 2012 the Funk Brothers featuring the Phil Collins Horn section from Europe will do a tour of Europe playing at some of the major Jazz and Blues festivals along with shows all throughout England....Hopefully if you can make it to one of the shows don't forget to make an effort to come and say hi and hang with us....
    Bob

Quote Originally Posted by ray_monette View Post
    Many Nashville Storms Plus One Bob Babbitt Storm....

We have been having many storms here in Nashville recently and about May 2/3 lightning struck out the back door of my house and entered in to the house via underground....The lightning blew out all of my phone land lines, my internet, my sub woofer on my surround sound speaker, my firestudio connnector to my main speakers in my midi studio and at the same time I was typing on my keypad the lightning came up into the pad and jolted my left hand causing it to raise about 5-6 ft in the air....The following weekend I was with an engineer friend of mine in my midi studio learning about my recently purchased Logic Pro recording technique when I had a bad fall...Thank God the engineer was here as he called 911 and an ambulance came to take me to the hospital....I was there 3-4 days came back home and then went back for 3-4 more days for Mri/Cat Scan test and some surgery....They sent me home last Friday and I have been feeling great! I will go next week to see the Drs and get update info on the test and they will let me know if I need any more treatment...etc....In the meantime the Funk Brothers will be doing two shows June 15 and 16 in Calagry, Canada, then Funk's will be at the Smithonian Instutute every day from June 30 to July 4th as part of their 2011 shows featuring the Blues and R&B/Motown artist....
    I am really looking forward to playing with our fantastic band and to share the stage with long time friend and Funk Brother guitarist Eddie Willis!! Motown vocalist Kim Weston will also be a guest singer with us!
    We will do two 40 minute shows a day and interviews between the shows as we will also be presented an honorariam to the Smithsonion Instutute.....I am told that the shows are free and if you can make it to see us please come and say hi and hang with us.....
    The Funks then will appear on August 27th in Detroit, Michigan as part of a two day tribute show honoring the many Artists through the years that came from the different styles of Detroit music featuring some of the most creative musical talant in the history of music...
    At some point in Oct the Funks will then be appearing in Hamilton, Canada and then the possibility of recording a new CD....We will then take a well deserved rest and come spring 2012 the Funk Brothers featuring the Phil Collins Horn section from Europe will do a tour of Europe playing at some of the major Jazz and Blues festivals along with shows all throughout England....Hopefully if you can make it to one of the shows don't forget to make an effort to come and say hi and hang with us....
    Bob
    Glad you're doing better. Looks like you all have a full schedule.

Lorraine