[REMOVE ADS]

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jobucats View Post
    RanRan99, I enjoyed reading your analysis of those songs.

Regarding your reference to "My World is Empty Without You.": The background vocals in that song add nothing to the final production value, in my opinion. This has nothing to do with Mary or Florence's abilities; but with the structure of the song. Even as far back in the mix as those voices are, I always found it quite distracting to hear those Oooooos.

It's interesting that there is one television performance of the song which I think was a Sammy Davis Jr. special in which the mic levels were not quite right. The background vocals were revved up which was a major distraction to the performance itself. Of course, the anti-Diana crowd loved it because they thought that Diana was being put in her place, and the vocals of the 'better singers' were being showcased.
    Anyone know where to find video of that “My World…” performance? Is this when Flo supposedly took Diana’s louder mic on purpose? Or am I mixing up my Supremes folklore?
    Last edited by ejluther; 07-28-2021 at 08:52 PM.