I was in Detroit one year [I don't recall what year] but I managed to find Bob May's on my last day to be there around 2:30 PM. I was the only customer in the store. He must have had 500,000 45's and they were totally disarranged, no rhyme nor reason. It was hit or miss. He was a sleazy character and didn't want to rush me but he had to leave at 5:00 PM. I was the only one in the store at that time. By my next visit to Detroit he was history. It would be very interesting to know what became of all his record stock. He probably sold it for next to nothing. He charge 50 cents a record or something like that.

I have also been to Cappy's Record Mart but it was not in a great neighborhood. He knew how to gouge people especially if they inquired about a certain record. He was
the world's most knowledgeable expert on Fortune Records. I also have seen the former Fortune Records building before it was torn down. It was a small building. I don't know how they accomplished anything there like they did.