Being I was born in 1976, I never had the pleasure of being able to acquire any Motown releases via the cut out or bargain bins in original sealed or brand new condition for bargain prices. I sure wish I could have!
I started seriously collecting all the 1972 and before releases in 2012 and have amassed a nice collection, the majority from Ebay and the Ann Arbor Record Shows. Although it's difficult, I have been lucky to find a few underpriced nuggets on Ebay. My best find was quite recent though, about a month ago. I was doing one of my multiple daily searches and saw a listing for Reuben Howell's "You Can't Stop A Man In Love", a minty white label promo release with the picture sleeve in GREAT condition. It was listed at a Buy It Now of $21.99! The seller even listed it as "rare", so must have had some idea that it was a more collectible title, but I have no idea why he priced it so cheaply. Although it's a post '72 release, I wasn't about to pass it up for THAT price!! It was a nice addition to the collection, as I wouldn't have ever paid the normal going price for this record being it was past my collection cut off date.
Darin