[REMOVE ADS]

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    We can debate artistic merits but it really didn’t ride the coattails of the The Boss or Diana 80. If it was just that, the single would have risen and dropped quickly.

It stayed in the Billboard Top Pop 40 for 14 weeks. The Boss spent 9 weeks, Upside Down-17 weeks, I’m Coming Out-14 weeks, It’s My Turn-15 weeks, Endless Love-19 weeks. It was a big hit and the general public clearly did enjoy it. Also, Mirror Mirror, in my opinion, stands up to anything in her first or second Motown stints. Great track and great performance. It was played a lot on NYC radio when it was released.

Quote Originally Posted by Deepdishus2001 View Post
    We can debate artistic merits but it really didn’t ride the coattails of the The Boss or Diana 80. If it was just that, the single would have risen and dropped quickly.

It stayed in the Billboard Top Pop 40 for 14 weeks. The Boss spent 9 weeks, Upside Down-17 weeks, I’m Coming Out-14 weeks, It’s My Turn-15 weeks, Endless Love-19 weeks. It was a big hit and the general public clearly did enjoy it. Also, Mirror Mirror, in my opinion, stands up to anything in her first or second Motown stints. Great track and great performance. It was played a lot on NYC radio when it was released.
    Thanks for providing these chart statistics. While the momentum of her previous hits got WDFFIL airplay, that momentum did not lead to record sales. The public obviously enjoyed the record and responded with their wallets.