[REMOVE ADS]

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I've always loved "I'm In A Different World" from the first time I heard it on the "Yesterday's Dreams" LP. At the time, I had no idea that it would be HDH's last outing with the Four Tops AND with Motown. Strangely, I don't recall the single getting any airplay on our local AM radio station which had always promoted Motown fairly heavily throughout Motown's classic era. It's still beyond me how Motown let a surefire hit like "Your Love Is Wonderful" slip through their fingers yet felt compelled to include an annoying track like "The Sweetheart Tree" on the "Yesterday's Dreams" album.

Quote Originally Posted by Philles/Motown Gary View Post
    I've always loved "I'm In A Different World" from the first time I heard it on the "Yesterday's Dreams" LP. At the time, I had no idea that it would be HDH's last outing with the Four Tops AND with Motown. Strangely, I don't recall the single getting any airplay on our local AM radio station which had always promoted Motown fairly heavily throughout Motown's classic era. It's still beyond me how Motown let a surefire hit like "Your Love Is Wonderful" slip through their fingers yet felt compelled to include an annoying track like "The Sweetheart Tree" on the "Yesterday's Dreams" album.
    I did hear "I'm In A Different World" on my AM radio station [in NYC] a few times but it didn't really receive a lot of airplay like The Tops earlier hits did. And the excellent "Your Love Is Wonderful" got lost as the B-side of "Walk Away Renee" [also the song didn't even get released on an album until the Fourever box set & the Lost Without You-Lost & Found collection].

Quote Originally Posted by Motown Eddie View Post
    I did hear "I'm In A Different World" on my AM radio station [in NYC] a few times but it didn't really receive a lot of airplay like The Tops earlier hits did. And the excellent "Your Love Is Wonderful" got lost as the B-side of "Walk Away Renee" [also the song didn't even get released on an album until the Fourever box set & the Lost Without You-Lost & Found collection].
    I know, Eddie. Such a waste!

Quote Originally Posted by Motown Eddie View Post
    OK. This is something that has COMPLETELY baffled me; why didn't ANYONE hear the commercial potential in "Your Love Is Wonderful"? I would have chosen that over "Yesterday's Dreams".

Quote Originally Posted by WaitingWatchingLookingForAChance View Post
    OK. This is something that has COMPLETELY baffled me; why didn't ANYONE hear the commercial potential in "Your Love Is Wonderful"? I would have chosen that over "Yesterday's Dreams".
    "Your Love is Wonderful" is indeed a spectacular, single worthy song. If I am correct, it was never even placed on what we call 'a regular album' as a filler song. T