[REMOVE ADS]

Wink Hoorah! Looks like the long-awaited Marvin biopic is nigh!

On the site Filmaffinity.com, there is a heads hot of The Flash and Law & Order alum Jesse L. Martin as "Marvin" in a biopic "Sexual Healing." Now is this a fan art poster or what? I mean we've been promised a Marvin biopic for decades!! And Jessie's been connected to its many developments and non-developments for years. Not to mention Lenny Kravitz too. I also read somewhere that he actually wrapped production, since his contract wasn't picked up for season 9 of The Flash.

I tried to link Filmaffinity & Deadline, but was not "given permission. " Thoughts?

Folks, type in Sexual Healing 2021 on the filmaffinity.com site to see the poster.

Deadline.com posted a story yesterday [[04/13/22) that mentions Jesse as leaving the series "THE FLASH" and headlining the upcoming pilot "THE IRRATIONAL". But there is no mention of any movement on the Marvin biopic.

If it’s “ Sexual Healing”, I sure as hell hope not! They couldn’t get permission to use the Motown era recordings, so it’s centered around his last 3 years of life. There were more superior biopics announced that would cover his entire career. Those are the ones I’m hoping come to fruition, though I’m not holding my breath.

And the lawsuits flow!

Thanks for the heads up, nativeNY.

Here is the mentioned link:

https://m.filmaffinity.com/au/movie.php?id=643427

Based on the poster alone, it looks more like a budget film. Also, it's a strange title for a movie, but I'd still watch it.
    Last edited by carlo; 04-15-2022 at 07:38 AM.

The second half of this blog post covers the latest effort to get a Marvin biopic made by director Allen Hughes, as well as prior, unsuccessful attempts:

https://www.adampwhite.com/westgrandblog/still-going-on

Good luck, Allen and Dre.

Quote Originally Posted by carlo View Post
    Thanks for the heads up, nativeNY.

Here is the mentioned link:

https://m.filmaffinity.com/au/movie.php?id=643427

Based on the poster alone, it looks more like a budget film. Also, it's a strange title for a movie, but I'd still watch it.
    Thanks, Carlo. You're the best.

Quote Originally Posted by Clifton Miller View Post
    The second half of this blog post covers the latest effort to get a Marvin biopic made by director Allen Hughes, as well as prior, unsuccessful attempts:

https://www.adampwhite.com/westgrandblog/still-going-on

Good luck, Allen and Dre.
    I remember exactly where I was and what I was doing on that sad April day. I was putting together a Sony rack system [[turntable, eq, cassette player,etc,; remember them?) for Mom's in the living room. I had just finished making all the wire connections when the news came on the radio. Being that it was April 1st, we thought what a crude, crass April's Fool joke! Mom's and I were totally up in arms... "we repeat. this is not an April's Fool joke; Marvin Gaye has been reported to have been killed by his father!",the disc jockey[[the term for djs then) seemed to gage our and the nation's sour mood. He handled it in a comforting way, considering the date and tragic circumstances.

Like that '71 WGO billboard in LA. Got a Shaft vibe to it!

That Adam White/Westgrand blog was the bomb. Is always insightful and fly-on-the-wallesque.

What about calling up the multi-talented Leon? He's played David Ruffin AND Little Richard! I know I know he dosen't look the part. But really that's beside the point. He's got the chops, man! The pipes!! You already know what Hollywood hair & makeup depts. are capable of. Think The Crown. Merle Streep in Iron Lady....

...Jamie Foxx as Ray!!!

I strongly encourage my fellow SDF posters, if haven't already done so, read Jan Gaye's autobio of their stormy relationship. I was totally engrossed. She even successfully recreated the time period, sounds, and even unbelievably the views and opinions during those times! Stellar writer/wordsmith. I think I'll purchase it, since the library is considered, by some docs, as risky as going to your fave restaurant in this Covid era. Must read along with Marvin's autobiography which I read as a youth.

This movie was done several years ago with Jesse L Williams but never released to my knowledge. I know one of the musicians who played one of Marvin's musicians in this movie. It mostly chronicled his life when he lived in Europe.

Like some singers/vocalists from the UK, why was Marvin's speaking voice diametrically opposed to his singing, Mike Tyson meets Teddy!!!

Oh boy,here we go...heck i remember way back when[greg morris's son was slated for the part]isn't jesse a little old for the part???