[REMOVE ADS]

Diana Ross 45 from 1973?

In looking through my old 45's, a much later box I have I came across this 45 "Your Love Is So Good For Me" by Diana Ross. Written by K. Peterson, produced by Richard Perry!!It says from the LP "Baby Its Me" the flip side is "Baby its Me" .written by D.Dunn-C.Smith Stone Diamond BMI. Maybe this is why Marthas LP produced by Richard Perry didn;t click?Strange.Weird
    webs are woven

and to just say....I didn;t usually buy Diana's records. Only very early Supremes records and the later Jean Terrell Supremes 45's.

my brother just told me that this Diana record "Your Love is So Good For Me" was big in the discos' here in Florida & thats why I bought the record.He has the LP.

Interesting: You can still buy the record "Motown 1436 Feb 1978" from "Discogs" for £3, there are many of Diana's 45's from memory up to 1982. It's a good record though. There are around five other 45's from the Album.

The most difficult 45 from the Album is Diana's "Top Of The World" 45 Motown 1449 Oct 1978,
    Both Diana & Finished Touch [Ft Kenny Stover] had the same record number, Diana's Demo 45 was pulled.

Last edited by Graham Jarvis; Today at 02:49 AM.

Sorry I don't get the connection between Richard Perry's production of Diana Ross and the success or otherwise of Martha's album.
    Last edited by mysterysinger; Today at 09:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by motony View Post
    In looking through my old 45's, a much later box I have I came across this 45 "Your Love Is So Good For Me" by Diana Ross. Written by K. Peterson, produced by Richard Perry!!It says from the LP "Baby Its Me" the flip side is "Baby its Me" .written by D.Dunn-C.Smith Stone Diamond BMI. Maybe this is why Marthas LP produced by Richard Perry didn;t click?Strange.Weird
    webs are woven
    Diana's album produced by Richard Perry was released in 1977. I vaguely recall Richard Perry saying that Berry told him how much he enjoyed the album he produced on Martha. Maybe that's how he got to work with Diana.

Quote Originally Posted by mysterysinger View Post
    Sorry I don't get the connection between Richard Perry's production of Diana Ross and the success or otherwise of Martha's album.
    Me either. In spite of any successes or failures, I think Richard Perry was a brilliant producer. Martha's album to me is still a little known classic, IMHO. Diane's "Baby It's Me" album is also, I think, one of her best from that period.

I'm sure there's a thread somewhere about it, but Martha's name may not have been enough to generate interest in her first solo effort. I really have no idea. It's a fantastic piece from start to finish. Anyway, if there isn't a thread about it, there certainly should be!

Thought both LPs came out about the same time. The 45 says copyright 1973. Maybe thats copyright 1978, my 73 yr old eyes just bad, LOL.
    Last edited by motony; Today at 03:44 PM.