[REMOVE ADS]

Shirelles - Forthcoming CD of unissued Shirelles recordings?

While reading the product description for the CD "Manhattan Soul - Scepter, Wand & Musicor" I noticed a mention for the "forthcoming CD of unissued Shirelles recordings."

http://www.amazon.com/Manhattan-Soul...pd_krex_fa_img

When is this Shirelles CD scheduled for release? I do hope it's a sure thing!

Oldies

The cover of the Manhattan Soul CD is a pic of the Toys. I didn't see about the Shirelles CD, but will look again.
    I hadn't heard of any of the song titles on the Manhattan Soul CD, but have heard, of course, of the majority of
    artists.

I Love You 1,000 Times by the Platters is the only real hit on this collection, but Ain't No Love Lost by Patti Jo is from about
    '73 and issued on Scepter, but produced by Curtis Mayfield. Patti Jo was from Miami, FL, I think and had at least a second
    single issued. Her records did well in dance clubs [[discos, remember those?!!!) at the time.

Hi Randy,

The samples, for the most part, sound pretty good. I just can't resist this kind of CD. Hahahaha! The Shirelles are just briefly mentioned in the write-up below the song titles.

Oldies

Ady will have more info or could be some on the Ace/Kent website http://www.acerecords.co.uk/

better off signing up for the newsletter and you miss nowt then.

Thanks for reminding me about the Ace/Kent website. I don't see a place on there though to sign up for their newsletter. I'll check again. Had to laugh - I thought nowt was a typo, then I looked it up in the dictionary, and just as I figured, it was "UK-speak" for "nothing."

Maybe Ady will chime in later.

Oldies

sorry about "nowt" that's the Yorkshire in me :-) I must remember I'm on an international site.

The link for the newsletter is on the home page.

Yes, I missed this mention in the blurb on Amazon for the MANHATTAN SOUL CD. It says:

An Ashford, Simpson and Armstead song, "One Time Too Many," is a mouth-watering taster of a forthcoming CD of unissued Shirelles recordings.

Bring it on!

Hi Chalky. Sorry to sound like an idiot, but I've looked all over that site twice and still don't see a link to sign up for the newsletter. Could you please let me know exactly where it is? Thanks.

arjayvee - that's what I was referring to in my link to Amazon. Thanks for posting it because it was kind of buried on Amazon.

Oldies

If you look towards the bottom of the main page, there's a link that says

Attachment 2988

Thanks vcq. How did I not see that????

Oldies