[REMOVE ADS]




Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Results 101 to 150 of 314
  1. #101
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    153
    Rep Power
    93
    Name:  R2HJXLl.jpg
Views: 441
Size:  86.7 KB

    Where is this photo from? I think I saw somewhere that Amazon US was showing exclusive slipcase for the CD, but I canīt find it on their site... Looks great!

  2. #102
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluebrock View Post
    Ms Ross will be very pleased by the generally positive responses to this single. If you approve of this song you will very likely be pleased with the album of which this track is a fair reflection of the quality on display. I was played 15 tracks, but i see only 13 are on the final tracķ listing. Maybe we will get a deluxe version containing the pair of missing songs.
    Yes ! there seems to be quite a buzz around this release! Rolling Stone compared the record to her 70's-80's dance tune hits.

  3. #103
    Quote Originally Posted by djessie View Post
    Name:  R2HJXLl.jpg
Views: 441
Size:  86.7 KB

    Where is this photo from? I think I saw somewhere that Amazon US was showing exclusive slipcase for the CD, but I canīt find it on their site... Looks great!
    I believe it’s from a French Vogue cover story and shoot between 1994-1996? Not exactly sure of the date.

  4. #104
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    3,712
    Rep Power
    171
    can someone post the link where you download the song or is it only available in the UK ?

  5. #105
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    1,088
    Rep Power
    66
    I wonder who she thought about when singing this song? The fans? Berry? Her mother? Her children?

  6. #106
    Quote Originally Posted by mindful1 View Post
    Yes ! there seems to be quite a buzz around this release! Rolling Stone compared the record to her 70's-80's dance tune hits.
    SuperDeluxeEdition also posted an article announcing the album as well.
    Last edited by Deepdishus2001; 06-17-2021 at 09:39 AM.

  7. #107
    Quote Originally Posted by captainjames View Post
    can someone post the link where you download the song or is it only available in the UK ?
    It’s on U.S. iTunes.

  8. #108
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    153
    Rep Power
    93
    Thanks, but I meant that actual photo of the CD release? Apparently this version comes in a slipcase...?

    Edit. I found it, itīs an Amazon exclusive. I just ordered it, along with the regular vinyl.
    Last edited by djessie; 06-17-2021 at 11:19 AM.

  9. #109
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    3,712
    Rep Power
    171
    Quote Originally Posted by Deepdishus2001 View Post
    It’s on U.S. iTunes.
    Found it - Thanks

  10. #110
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    2,427
    Rep Power
    158
    Really liking the new single. There's a great article on the BBC News website/app about the album and single. That's what I like to see, plenty of respect for a legend.

    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-57510065
    Last edited by rovereab; 06-17-2021 at 11:16 AM.

  11. #111
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    29,658
    Rep Power
    397
    Single is #23 pop on iTunes!

  12. #112
    Quote Originally Posted by sansradio View Post
    Single is #23 pop on iTunes!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zjz8MShpR6w

  13. #113
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    2,427
    Rep Power
    158
    It's interesting the Amazon UK is talking about their Exclusive CD as per the image below. It's the same price as the normal edition and with the same track listing. It seems like you get an additional sleeve for the price. Perhaps others here will know more?

    Name:  Thank you Amazon.jpg
Views: 398
Size:  65.1 KB

  14. #114
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    153
    Rep Power
    93
    I assume the Amazon exclusive is the same as the regular one but with the additional slipcase.

  15. #115
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    4,588
    Rep Power
    102
    Quote Originally Posted by djessie View Post
    Name:  R2HJXLl.jpg
Views: 441
Size:  86.7 KB

    Where is this photo from? I think I saw somewhere that Amazon US was showing exclusive slipcase for the CD, but I canīt find it on their site... Looks great!
    I also like the graphics and colors.

  16. #116
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    629
    Rep Power
    29
    I just pre-ordered her CD on Amazon!

  17. #117
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    140
    Rep Power
    134
    I was really liking this… and then those awful spoken bits in the chorus kicked in and ruined it

  18. #118
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    5,903
    Rep Power
    136
    Quote Originally Posted by rovereab View Post
    It's interesting the Amazon UK is talking about their Exclusive CD as per the image below. It's the same price as the normal edition and with the same track listing. It seems like you get an additional sleeve for the price. Perhaps others here will know more?

    Name:  Thank you Amazon.jpg
Views: 398
Size:  65.1 KB
    I think it will contain additional packaging rather than additional tracks.

  19. #119
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    1,902
    Rep Power
    127
    Wow. Just got a chance to listen and the single is phenomenal. She is crystal clear, no to little vibrato, crisp. This shouts old-school soul!

  20. #120
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,730
    Rep Power
    151
    Just to keep everyone up to date on the media coverage, there's this from The Second Disc:
    https://theseconddisc.com/2021/06/17...TFLs0ttAbjPIjo

  21. #121
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    4,588
    Rep Power
    102
    ... and here's Universal's news on the various formats - I'd also love a souvenir limited edition 45 of the single in a nice picture sleeve as well, for old times' sake!

    https://store.universalmusic.com/dianaross/

  22. #122
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    56,874
    Rep Power
    728
    I pre-ordered the bundle from Universal as well. July/August will mark 58 years that I have been a fan of Diana Ross. It is an incredibly happy thing to still have her and for her to still be making new music. I love the new song and I can hardly wait to hear the rest of the album. Congratulations Miss Ross, you're still the one.

  23. #123
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    1,902
    Rep Power
    127
    Quote Originally Posted by PeaceNHarmony View Post
    ... and here's Universal's news on the various formats - I'd also love a souvenir limited edition 45 of the single in a nice picture sleeve as well, for old times' sake!

    https://store.universalmusic.com/dianaross/
    No 8-track!?!?

  24. #124
    Join Date
    Apr 2021
    Posts
    127
    Rep Power
    9
    Overall I like the new song "Thank you". Best parts are the sample of "You're All I need to get by" and the chorus, which becomes quite an ear worm. Good message to the song. Weak part are those spoken bits. But I like it.

    I hope the album will be as solid. My only concern is that she co wrote all the songs. I hope her collaborators reigned in any tendency to write Secrets of a Sparrow type lyrics.

    And being real here, this could be her last album. HOpefully this will be a good one to go out on. Last song title, Come Together, is intriguing. Given that she exited The Supremes with "Someday We'll Be Together" and the last song on the new album is called "Come Together" I can't help but wonder if she's making a statement about the importance of togetherness.

  25. #125
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    3,712
    Rep Power
    171
    I hear Diana in the background vocals - any idea if anyone else is there in the background with her ?

  26. #126
    The new single is so perfect, it blends her 70's Motown classic soul sound with her 80's/90's soft pop post-Motown musicality while still sounding fresh and 2021.

    The new video is EVERYTHING. I love the concept and the remastered clips. Only imagine that whole 1994 concert remastered in that amazing quality!

    The song [[I mean, the chorus and pre-chorus) reminded me a bit of Jamie Cullum's Mind Trick. Am I crazy? They have a very similar jazzy/soul/pop vibe.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nS3XXDQoZkc

    It's so great to see Diana doing high quality music again.
    Last edited by Nitro2015; 06-17-2021 at 05:27 PM.

  27. #127
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    6,060
    Rep Power
    188
    My neophew sent me the club mix. I LOVE it.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tMi4ukTsWvg

  28. #128
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    2,396
    Rep Power
    157
    just downloaded from Itunes, love the first song already. great feel to it and she sounds great.
    hope it goes top ten.

  29. #129
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    2,396
    Rep Power
    157
    just sounds so upbeat and happy. tremendous return to form. hopefully the album is as good.
    come on Universal. get with it

  30. #130
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    4,588
    Rep Power
    102
    Quote Originally Posted by Roberta75 View Post
    My neophew sent me the club mix. I LOVE it.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tMi4ukTsWvg
    I as well, Ms. Roberta! So innovative and energetic. I was wondering / hoping for a club mix. I 'Thank You' and your wonderful nephew for the find -

  31. #131
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    4,588
    Rep Power
    102
    Here's a HuffPost piece about the lp -

    https://www.huffpost.com/entry/diana...b0e08ef7be3de7

  32. #132
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    1,902
    Rep Power
    127
    Quote Originally Posted by captainjames View Post
    I hear Diana in the background vocals - any idea if anyone else is there in the background with her ?
    I'm sure I can hear The Andantes.

  33. #133
    Join Date
    Apr 2021
    Posts
    133
    Rep Power
    9
    It hurts to think this could be the last Miss Ross album. She's been in my life since I can remember. I cannot remember life without her being in it. I have tears in my eyes just typing something like this. I don't even want to think about her not being on earth.

    That being said, I HATE pre-ordering albums from Amazon. I like to go into the store the day of the release and get it. I really want that slip cover, though, so I guess I will. Ugh!

  34. #134
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    1,088
    Rep Power
    66
    To each his own, but I love the spoken parts. It adds an additional richness, and her spoken voice part is not strained.

  35. #135
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    6,121
    Rep Power
    131
    I love it and am MAJORLY excited

  36. #136
    Join Date
    Mar 2021
    Posts
    212
    Rep Power
    7
    It states she recorded multiple albums

  37. #137
    I feel the same. I get tears in my eyes thinking of the day when she will no longer be with us. It will be so empty.
    However, she seems to be in good health and will hopefully perform one or two more years.

  38. #138
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    444
    Rep Power
    138
    the full pink-package, even with a cassette

    Name:  dr3.JPG
Views: 261
Size:  90.5 KB

  39. #139
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    5,903
    Rep Power
    136
    Quote Originally Posted by Spreadinglove21 View Post
    Overall I like the new song "Thank you". Best parts are the sample of "You're All I need to get by" and the chorus, which becomes quite an ear worm. Good message to the song. Weak part are those spoken bits. But I like it.

    I hope the album will be as solid. My only concern is that she co wrote all the songs. I hope her collaborators reigned in any tendency to write Secrets of a Sparrow type lyrics.

    And being real here, this could be her last album. HOpefully this will be a good one to go out on. Last song title, Come Together, is intriguing. Given that she exited The Supremes with "Someday We'll Be Together" and the last song on the new album is called "Come Together" I can't help but wonder if she's making a statement about the importance of togetherness.
    It is unlikely to be her final album unless fate steps in of course. I am told there are already plans for a follow up album, but of course we must not look too far ahead. Let us take one day at a time.

  40. #140
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,297
    Rep Power
    139
    That house mix is crap! Very amateurish.

  41. #141
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    153
    Rep Power
    93
    Quote Originally Posted by jack020 View Post
    That house mix is crap! Very amateurish.
    Is it even official?

  42. #142
    Join Date
    Mar 2021
    Posts
    212
    Rep Power
    7
    Agreed that house in mix sounds like it was recorded right out of a popcorn box it’s as bad as it gets but I’m sure someone will come along and make an incredible mix or we can all dance and have fun and enjoy the worlds ultimate entertainers music again

  43. #143
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluebrock View Post
    It is unlikely to be her final album unless fate steps in of course. I am told there are already plans for a follow up album, but of course we must not look too far ahead. Let us take one day at a time.
    That is such great news. So excited for this new album.

  44. #144
    Definitely sounds like a fan made mix.

  45. #145
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    7,378
    Rep Power
    210
    This morning on the Today Show, Diana's new release was one of the headlines opening the second hour. Later, Carson Daly played a bit of the video during his PopStart segment.

    It is really nice to see the attention this release is getting.

  46. #146
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    2,355
    Rep Power
    130
    Quote Originally Posted by reese View Post
    This morning on the Today Show, Diana's new release was one of the headlines opening the second hour. Later, Carson Daly played a bit of the video during his PopStart segment.

    It is really nice to see the attention this release is getting.
    That’s really good to hear.

  47. #147
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    4,588
    Rep Power
    102
    Quote Originally Posted by reese View Post
    This morning on the Today Show, Diana's new release was one of the headlines opening the second hour. Later, Carson Daly played a bit of the video during his PopStart segment.

    It is really nice to see the attention this release is getting.
    Yes it is, Reese! Fun and exciting. Hard to see that a new single by a heritage artist will really make much of a chart-dent, but I'm having a great time reading all the [[as usual) positive press and excitement about Diana.

  48. #148
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    7,378
    Rep Power
    210
    Quote Originally Posted by Ollie9 View Post
    That’s really good to hear.
    There was a spot on GOOD MORNING AMERICA as well.

  49. #149
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    5,903
    Rep Power
    136
    Quote Originally Posted by Circa 1824 View Post
    I remember you saying in an earlier post her vocals were not good on the tracks you heard.
    I was given a very rough copy where her vocals did indeed sound sub standard. A few weeks later i was allowed to listen to what i was told was the final mix. She sounded much better. Therefore i conclude either some of the vocals were re-recorded or the producer worked his magic in the studio. Whatever the reason behind the improvements i feel much more optimistic about the album than i did previously.

  50. #150
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    1,088
    Rep Power
    66
    I am very surprised that super-private Ross and her new team would have allowed two different versions to be leaked around the globe. It is also interesting these leaked versions never make it to any social media platform.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

[REMOVE ADS]

Ralph Terrana
MODERATOR

Welcome to Soulful Detroit! Kindly Consider Turning Off Your Ad BlockingX
Soulful Detroit is a free service that relies on revenue from ad display [regrettably] and donations. We notice that you are using an ad-blocking program that prevents us from earning revenue during your visit.
Ads are REMOVED for Members who donate to Soulful Detroit. [You must be logged in for ads to disappear]
DONATE HERE »
And have Ads removed.