Let me start by saying that I truly appreciate all the work that Harry, George, Andy and all the engineers and others that have worked to give us and continue to try and give us the music of Diana and all the iterations of the Supremes.

There have just been announcements of the second volume of Barbra Streisand’s Release Me vault project and a new super deluxe edition of Tina Turner’s Foreign Affair album. The Donna Summer estate is continuing to get product out. The Encore box set including all of Donna’s album releases and a ton of mixes, non-album singles, one-offs, etc. is amazing. I know the collection does not include all her Sony work but it contains all her best work.

I know that, in general, it is difficult for women period to get this kind of archival/vault treatment. It is all the more amazing that we have gotten what we have so far but it is also frustrating that we have come this far and for some reason Universal won’t let the expanded editions come to their conclusion for Diana and the entire Supremes discography through the end. I wish that Universal would sell Motown to another major or that a group of music lovers could at least buy the historic catalogue back.

That being said, so looking forward to the new Diana album and the Royal Philharmonic collection and hopefully sooner rather than later the expanded editions of the return to Motown albums.