this isn't meant to disparage Lynda - i think she's great and all. just another "What If" scenario

what if the group went on hiatus while Cindy was out? They had had the hit of FJ and then Auto Sun was released in spring 72. instead of trying to coordinate a personnel change, MJC could have promoted the song on tv and all. I think it would have charted much better had they been able to do so.

then Cindy could exit on maternity leave but with the publicly stated intent on returning in a year or so?

Jean and mary could work on some individual projects. Maybe mary could do some stage acting in the LA area or what if she married Flip Wilson and did more on his show?

jean could have done the JW set as a solo lp - other than I Keep It Hid, it practically was a solo effort for her.

Then in summer 73, Cindy returns which would have generated some fresh interest in the group. And maybe to celebrate the group being back, they do BW and the Stevie Wonder set?

obviously this is pure fantasy. but thought it was interesting. IMO the idea of the "revolving door" status of the group hurt its image. so this would have allowed a break but also some consistency