Flo's first single turned 53 this month. Not a fan favorite, I know, but significant, as it was her debut solo single. I've never thought the song was a bad song. I just didn't think it fit Flo. And I've never heard a version that didn't sound sort of...muddy. Definitely didn't have the crispness of anything she had recorded with the Supremes. I don't think anyone expected this kind of sound from Flo. In the age of Aretha, Gladys, Etta and the other ladies of soul who were ruling the airwaves of the time, one might have expected that kind of song and performance. It wasn't to be. There's an outtake of "It Doesn't Matter", though, where Flo's vocal approach is less poppy and more, well, Flo. I guess the idea was to marry a pop vocal approach with the pop arrangement. For my taste I would've preferred the more soulful approach, but that's just me. Anyway, whatever side of the line you fall on, lets celebrate this milestone, not only in Flo's history, but in Supremes history, as it is the first single from a Supreme who had gone solo.