[REMOVE ADS]




Results 1 to 8 of 8

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1

    Kleeer "The Atlantic Collection 1979-1985" 8CD box set

    Kleeer "The Atlantic Collection 1979-1985" 8CD box set [[Robinsongs UK)
    Robinsongs bring you the complete Atlantic Collection of the Soul, Funk & Disco band Kleeer plus a bonus disc of 12” & 7” versions of key tracks. Releasedate june 18,2021

    The albums are “I Love To Dance”, “Winners”, “License To Dream”, “Taste The Music”, “Get Ready”, “Intimate Connection”, “Seeekret” and as mentioned a bonus disc of tracks from 1979 through 1985.

    All the big floor fillers are featured, including the John Wayne influenced ‘Get Tough’, ‘Winners’, ‘Tonight’s The Night [[Good Time)’, ‘Keep Your Body Workin’’, ‘De Ting Continues’ and the very smooth ‘Intimate Connection’ which was produced by Deodato.

    Kleeer formed in New York City in 1972 under the name of Pipeline. They then became the Jam Band before Kleeer was born and a deal with Atlantic Records followed.

    The band consisted of Paul Crutchfield [[Percussion & Vocals), Richard Lee [[Guitar), Norman Durham [[Bass Guitar) & “Woody” Cunningham [[Drums).

    Kleeer tracks have been heavily sampled over the years, most notably by Snoop Dogg & 2 Pac.

    Sleeve notes by Charles Waring who writes for MOJO & Record Collector magazines.

    If you missed Kleeer first time around, and love the music from that era… then this is for you!

    Name:  41YWT2jdLMS.jpg
Views: 205
Size:  26.7 KB

    [CD1: I Love To Dance]
    1. Tonight’s The Night [[Good Time)
    2. Keep Your Body Workin’
    3. Happy Me
    4. I Love To Dance
    5. It’s Magic
    6. To Groove You
    7. Amour
    8. Kleeer Sailin’

    [CD2: Winners]
    1. Winners
    2. I Still Love You
    3. Your Way
    4. Close To You
    5. Rollin’ On
    6. Nothin’ Said
    7. Hunger For Your Love
    8. Open Your Mind

    [CD3: License To Dream]
    1. De Kleeer Ting
    2. Running Back To You
    3. Sippin’ & Kissin’
    4. Hypnotized
    5. Kleeer
    6. License To Dream
    7. Get Tough
    8. Say You Love Me
    9. Where Would I Be [[Without Your Love)

    [CD4: Get Ready]
    1. Get Ready
    2. Pritty Things
    3. Slidin’ & Glidin’
    4. Stonseee
    5. She Said She Loves Me
    6. Say You’ll Stay
    7. Your Love Is What I Need

    [CD5: Taste The Music]
    1. Taste The Music
    2. I’ve Had Enough [[Can’t Take Anymore)
    3. De Ting Continues
    4. Wall To Wall
    5. I Shall Get Over
    6. Fella
    7. Swann
    8. Affirmative Mood

    [CD6: Intimate Connection]
    1. Ride It
    2. You Did It Again
    3. Go For It
    4. Intimate Connection
    5. Next Time It’s For Real
    6. Break
    7. Tonight
    8. Do You Want To?

    [CD7: Seeekret]
    1. Take Your Heart Away
    2. You Got Me Rockin’
    3. Lay Ya Down Ez
    4. Seeekret
    5. Do Not Lie To Me
    6. Never Cry Again
    7. Call My Name

    [CD8: Bonus Tracks]
    1. Keeep Your Body Workin’ [[Instrumental)
    2. Open Your Mind [[Single Version)
    3. Winners [[12” Single Version)
    4. Tonight’s The Night [[Good Time) [[Single Version)
    5. Winners [[Single Version)
    6. Tonight’s The Night [[Good Time) [[12” Version)
    7. Get Tough [[Single Version)
    8. Running Back To You [[Single Version)
    9. She Said She Loves Me [[Single Version)
    10. Intimate Connection [[Single Version)
    11. Taste The Music [[Instrumental)
    12. De Ting Continues [[Single Version)
    13. Never Cry Again [[Dub)
    14. Next Time It’s For Real [[Single Version)
    15. Never Cry Again [[Vocal / Remixed Long Version)
    Last edited by jack020; 05-03-2021 at 03:06 AM.

  2. #2
    So from out of the blue, we have The Whispers, Deniece Williams and Kleeer sets coming up. Amazon UK currently prices them at 22, 42 and 37 roughly. My poor bank account won't sustain them all, but it's nice to see them coming out. I've probably got most of the Whispers' material although the early ones could be interesting. I think 42 is a bit overpriced for Deniece Williams much as though I love her voice. At the risk of getting banned from here, I've always disliked Let's hear it for the boy. Everything else is fine, but that one? Sorry, shall I get my coat now?
    I think I might go for Kleeer though. I already have much of it on either vinyl or compilation. This would put them all in one place plus the bonus disc looks pretty formidable. Get tough was a serious floor filler when I first got my clubbing shoes. The John Wayne bit was a novelty but it had a brilliant jazz piano section followed by a bass break that still sounds cool to my older ears. Part of me wishes they'd stayed in similar vein rather than go down the more synthesised route they took later but I suppose they had to keep up with the times. Never cry again was a personal favourite and I see there's a dub version on the bonus disc. Hmm, think I might have sold it to myself then?

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    So from out of the blue, we have The Whispers, Deniece Williams and Kleeer sets coming up. Amazon UK currently prices them at 22, 42 and 37 roughly. My poor bank account won't sustain them all, but it's nice to see them coming out. I've probably got most of the Whispers' material although the early ones could be interesting. I think 42 is a bit overpriced for Deniece Williams much as though I love her voice. At the risk of getting banned from here, I've always disliked Let's hear it for the boy. Everything else is fine, but that one? Sorry, shall I get my coat now?
    I think I might go for Kleeer though. I already have much of it on either vinyl or compilation. This would put them all in one place plus the bonus disc looks pretty formidable. Get tough was a serious floor filler when I first got my clubbing shoes. The John Wayne bit was a novelty but it had a brilliant jazz piano section followed by a bass break that still sounds cool to my older ears. Part of me wishes they'd stayed in similar vein rather than go down the more synthesised route they took later but I suppose they had to keep up with the times. Never cry again was a personal favourite and I see there's a dub version on the bonus disc. Hmm, think I might have sold it to myself then?
    I never cared much for Let's hear it for the boy. I think it was featured on the Footloose soundtrack?
    Most of her Columbia stuff is good, and much of it is very good. I think the price may come down a little.
    This boxset is well worth having.
    I have most of the Whispers stuff, but it is a very good collection if you are only familiar with the hits.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluebrock View Post
    I never cared much for Let's hear it for the boy. I think it was featured on the Footloose soundtrack?
    Most of her Columbia stuff is good, and much of it is very good. I think the price may come down a little.
    This boxset is well worth having.
    I have most of the Whispers stuff, but it is a very good collection if you are only familiar with the hits.
    I've found it for around 37 on Cherry Red's site. I don't think that would come down but Amazon tend to price a bit high but do the pre-order price guarantee if it drops. I admit my dislike of the track is quite irrational, probably based on my mind set when it was first released. I'm looking to check out her Columbia stuff on youtube etc before deciding.

  5. #5
    I have never even heard of Kleer before! They must have been pretty well known to warrant an 8-CD box set. Will have to listen to some of their music to see if any of it is familiar.

    I'm more familiar with the Whispers and would love to hear them again. I never collected them. At the time, I probably thought they were too mellow, but now I would probably love their music.

    As for Williams, no I never liked "Let's Hear it for the Boy," but I really hated the "Footloose" movie, so I'm prejudiced!

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by kenneth View Post
    I have never even heard of Kleer before! They must have been pretty well known to warrant an 8-CD box set. Will have to listen to some of their music to see if any of it is familiar.

    I'm more familiar with the Whispers and would love to hear them again. I never collected them. At the time, I probably thought they were too mellow, but now I would probably love their music.

    As for Williams, no I never liked "Let's Hear it for the Boy," but I really hated the "Footloose" movie, so I'm prejudiced!
    Kleeer never really did it for me if i am to be honest so this collection is not for me but they attained a strong following back in the day and they have high hopes of garnering some respectable sales figures.

  7. #7
    I saw Kleeer in concert as a kid. They opened for an act I can't remember and were not announced on the bill. Great show.

  8. #8
    Keep your body working was a staple at the discos.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

[REMOVE ADS]

Ralph Terrana
MODERATOR

Welcome to Soulful Detroit! Kindly Consider Turning Off Your Ad BlockingX
Soulful Detroit is a free service that relies on revenue from ad display [regrettably] and donations. We notice that you are using an ad-blocking program that prevents us from earning revenue during your visit.
Ads are REMOVED for Members who donate to Soulful Detroit. [You must be logged in for ads to disappear]
DONATE HERE »
And have Ads removed.