[REMOVE ADS]

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    So from out of the blue, we have The Whispers, Deniece Williams and Kleeer sets coming up. Amazon UK currently prices them at £22, £42 and £37 roughly. My poor bank account won't sustain them all, but it's nice to see them coming out. I've probably got most of the Whispers' material although the early ones could be interesting. I think £42 is a bit overpriced for Deniece Williams much as though I love her voice. At the risk of getting banned from here, I've always disliked Let's hear it for the boy. Everything else is fine, but that one? Sorry, shall I get my coat now?
    I think I might go for Kleeer though. I already have much of it on either vinyl or compilation. This would put them all in one place plus the bonus disc looks pretty formidable. Get tough was a serious floor filler when I first got my clubbing shoes. The John Wayne bit was a novelty but it had a brilliant jazz piano section followed by a bass break that still sounds cool to my older ears. Part of me wishes they'd stayed in similar vein rather than go down the more synthesised route they took later but I suppose they had to keep up with the times. Never cry again was a personal favourite and I see there's a dub version on the bonus disc. Hmm, think I might have sold it to myself then?
    I never cared much for Let's hear it for the boy. I think it was featured on the Footloose soundtrack?
    Most of her Columbia stuff is good, and much of it is very good. I think the price may come down a little.
    This boxset is well worth having.
    I have most of the Whispers stuff, but it is a very good collection if you are only familiar with the hits.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebrock View Post
    I never cared much for Let's hear it for the boy. I think it was featured on the Footloose soundtrack?
    Most of her Columbia stuff is good, and much of it is very good. I think the price may come down a little.
    This boxset is well worth having.
    I have most of the Whispers stuff, but it is a very good collection if you are only familiar with the hits.
    I've found it for around £37 on Cherry Red's site. I don't think that would come down but Amazon tend to price a bit high but do the pre-order price guarantee if it drops. I admit my dislike of the track is quite irrational, probably based on my mind set when it was first released. I'm looking to check out her Columbia stuff on youtube etc before deciding.