[REMOVE ADS]

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluebrock View Post
    There is only reason why that did not happen carlo, and that is Miss Ross herself. Luther did everything in his power to persuade her to let him produce an album on her. He attended every night of a UK tour where he followed her around like a forlorn little puppy dog. He sent demo after demo after demo. She was not in the least bit interested, but she was quite charmed by him. I am not going to go further into it at this moment in time, but on a personal level i would have been intrigued by a collaboration. I am not 100% convinced it would have worked. Luther's work with Dionne was less than inspiring, but i agree his work with Aretha was a joy.
    Could this pair of divas have worked together in the studio for a full album? Having worked with them both extensively i would have my doubts.
    Diana's instincts were probably correct. Luther never became a darling of the pop world. He had a great voice though.

that did not even break the Hot 100.

Quote Originally Posted by Boogiedown View Post
    Diana's instincts were probably correct. Luther never became a darling of the pop world. He had a great voice though.

that did not even break the Hot 100.
    He was huge in the UK. Numerous hit singles, top selling albums and regular arena tours that got televised on prime time tv. He was really embraced by the UK pop buying public, but i know he tended to struggle in the American pop market.