[REMOVE ADS]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by PeaceNHarmony View Post
    I deeply regret that I did not get a copy of that when it was available. I'm happy to hear that it's a good one.
    The unreleased album was re-issued in 2022 by Universal Japan as part of a Throwback Soul CD reissue series along with several other Motown titles [[including former Hip-O-Select product) and included the following Temptations solo related:

UICY-79936 Eddie Kendricks - People.....Hold On
    UICY-79956 David Ruffin - The Unreleased Album
    UICY-80151 Dennis Edwards - Don't Look Any Further

The full list of CDs [[runs to 3 pages) can be seen here on Discogs -

https://www.discogs.com/label/281447...ck-Soul?page=1
    Last edited by mysterysinger; 09-15-2023 at 05:10 PM.

you know you're a true music fan when you're grabbing stuff from japan because they do "b-side" stuff better.

for some of my favourite bands the japanese versions often have one, two, or three b-sides tacked on to the end which is just awesome.

the admins need to fix the double bracket sitch-e-ashon on this forum. it seems like some kind of unmatched brace issue.

i thought it was just me, but i will nonetheless love this forum unconditionally

Quote Originally Posted by reese View Post
    I bought David's MY WHOLE WORLD ENDED album out of a $1.99 cut-out bin. I wasn't a fan at all but there was nothing else there and I didn't want to leave empty-handed. I figured if nothing else, since it was a Motown album there would be a nice inner-sleeve inside. But I did end up liking the album and this song always stuck out for me.

I've always loved "The Double-Cross", too, Reese. Whoever arranged those classy Motown string passages deserves a huge bonus -- either Paul Riser, David Van DePitte, or Wade Marcis.

I've always loved the merger of David with Ashford & Simpson: