Quote Originally Posted by telekin View Post
As much as I love the Holland's work on the last three records, I do wonder sometimes what would have happened if The Supremes got in on the ground floor with some up-and-coming producers at the time, like Nile & Bernard of Chic for example. Or if they teamed up with some Motown people they hadn't worked with yet, like Norman Whitfield or Willie Hutch.

There's also the self-titled album by the Detroit sister trio Three Ounces of Love that came out on Motown the year after The Supremes disbanded. I sometimes listen to that wondering whether that would have been a Supremes album had they continued. It featured many of the same producers and arrangers, like Greg Wright and the Holland Brothers, who were also on the last three Supremes records.
I mentioned Willie Hutch before. I really would have loved it if he had gotten hold of the Supremes. I think Scherrie would've shined on some of his stuff.

I have the Three Ounces Of Love album but the only cut that I kept in rotation is "Middle Of This Feeling". I'll have to pull it out and give it another listen.