Quote Originally Posted by sup_fan View Post
oh that's a fun performance to examine

at 0:50 you'll notice that Diana had moved a bit too far stage right. she quickly glances down and then shifts a little to stage left. my assumption is that she slightly walked passed her mark on the stage floor. she needed to be at the mark so that she'd be lined up for the camera shots when they start the 2nd chorus at 1:04

when Diana walks over to M and F, her pic cord is to stage left of Mary because of Diana's starting stage position. as Diana moved into the middle of the trio, she casually tugs the cord along but without being too overt with it. just gathering up more of the wire so that it's ready for her next stage movement

as Diana centers herself with the trio, i see mary and flo shift slightly while they're dancing in order to allow Diana in. but they can't spread too far apart because they need to be in the close up camera shot at 1:16. if they spread out too far, part of M and F would be cut off. I do see Diana glancing down at the end of the chorus but i don't see anything of a problem. actually i'd guess that she's looking to where her cord is as her left hand had previously been tapping against her hip. so i think she was looking to check where the cord is and start pulling it towards her

during verse 2, while the camera is focused on Diana, mary at some point steps back over the mic cord so that it'll be in front of her and ready for diana's next movement

when they hit the bridge and diana walks away from the group, her cord is now in front and will avoid any tangling under mary's heels

and then of course the wonderful earring scene! lol
I was always just mesmerized at how amazing this performance was that I never noticed any of the subtle stuff lol. Every single time I see this clip I feel that way especially that shot of Diana slowly walking to join Flo and Mary in the forefront.

I did notice as Diana gets up to them, Flo looks over at her almost as if she forgot Diana was to join them and steps over quickly. Let's be honest here Diana was so skinny she really didn't need that much room to begin with 😄