I recall an old thread from several years back about Miss Ross' unreleased "Revelations" album. The "Revelations" album is a compilation of at-that-time unreleased Motown recordings that nearly came out in 1982, not too long after Diana had moved from Motown to RCA. A single from the album was released [["We Can Never Light That Old Flame Again"), but it did not chart. The album was then cancelled. In an interview around that time, someone asked Miss Ross about the album, and she replied that it would not be coming out; that Berry Gordy still loved her and would not allow it to be released and hurt her career [[as in to complete with her RCA releases.)

All of the songs that were intended for the "Revelations" album have come out over the years as bonus tracks on various deluxe sets and rarities collections, yet the album as a whole has never been legally released. As individual tracks, the songs are okay; however, in my humble opinion, hearing them collectively is a much better listening experience. Some have said that they are a hodge-podge of styles and do not fit together as an album. I totally disagree. [[Maybe "Funky Old Rolls" could have been dropped from the line-up, but otherwise....)

I've had a couple of unofficial versions of the "Revelations" album over the years, and I have to say that I really like the set as a whole. I do not believe for a second that it would have been a hit, for everyone knew Miss Ross had signed with RCA by that time. The Motown album would have been seen as a cheap cash-in attempt, yet the "Revelations" album was actually better than some of Miss Ross' RCA output. It was a lot better than the second RCA album, "Silk Electric."

The images here are of one version that is currently available online. Most of these tracks have been included in other versions as well, with a couple of exceptions [[ie: the long version of "Reflections").

Others have thoughts on this album? I know it is an unofficial album, aka: a bootleg. That is not the issue here. The issue is the music. What are your thoughts on the songs? Should the LP have been released?

Name:  Front-Diana-Ross-Revelations-UNRELEASED-EXPANDED-EDITION-1982-CD.jpg
Views: 881
Size:  38.9 KBName:  Back-Diana-Ross-Revelations-UNRELEASED-EXPANDED-EDITION-1982-CD.jpg
Views: 880
Size:  83.9 KB