[REMOVE ADS]

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Beverly Glenn / Gary Glenn

I know Detroit born Beverly & Gary Glenn were brother & sister and that he toured with her in the 60's / 70's [as a backing singer I believe].
    She usually sang gospel [[cutting for the likes of Shalome, Cross, Savoy, Light). But in the mid 60's, she sang secular music and toured with Don Gardner. She even toured Europe with Don [[who was Philly based) and recorded with his band in Sweden.
    Gary seemed to go out on his own in the late 60's while still a teenager and based himself in Pittsburgh for a good few years [[68 - 73 ?). He eventually migrated to LA and recorded there for PPL [[1980) and Motown [[1987) before passing aged just 36.
    Anyone here have any info on these two and what they got up to [[music wise) in the 60's & early to mid 70's. I know Beverly was back in Detroit by 1970 as she cut her 1st gospel album at United Sound with Ed Wolfrum there in 1970.
    A 2nd brother, Robert Glenn, recorded as a backing vocalist with Beverly and then later on with Gary.
    I'm after info on her time in Philly and Gary's in Pittsburgh.
    Attachment 18880
    Attachment 18881
    Last edited by jsmith; 03-29-2021 at 07:22 AM.