Quote Originally Posted by reese View Post
I love it.

It was the first Diana movie I ever saw. I still remember my mother and I trudging through the rain opening weekend, trying to find the theater that was showing it. By the time we found it, quite a bit had already been shown. In fact, we walked in during the fashion montage. No problem. This was during the days when you could enter when you wanted and stayed as long as you wanted. After the movie ended, we just waited for the next showing to see what we had missed.

As for the film itself, it is probably my favorite and whenever it is on tv[[which is often), I still end up watching some of it, if only to see the two scenes where Diana does the "I'm a widow from the South Side..." bit.

I'm probably still viewing it through my 8 year old eyes but I wouldn't change a thing about it. Diana was at her most beautiful, the clothes were great, love the theme song, and Anthony Perkins played his part to a T.
great memories!!!

i think the overall story if fine [[even if a bit chauvinistic by today's standards) but i'm very curious as to what it could have been like had Tony Richardson stayed on. all of the elements are there but it's a bit choppy. like the rest of the cast in the europe sequences. the character of Christian seems to sort of come out of no where. he goes from the fashion show scene to trying to bed her in all of 5 mins. a little more development there would have been good

and what about some more time with Carlotta Gavina? she would always be a secondary character but we see her first when Tracie auditions and the men all rip her apart. and then backstage at the fashion show for 10 seconds. maybe a little more here and there.

the only time we really see Tracie unhappy is when Billie Dee and her fight. we don't really see her beginning to question if this life is really worth. frankly until Billie Dee shows up, she looks like she's having a damn good time!