[REMOVE ADS]

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    DFTMC gives a hint that there may be a SW version also produced by Clarence Paul! I would love to hear that one day.

Can I ask where it hints that please?

Are you talking here of My Heart that's what your post seems to suggest however it seems you may have unwittingly changed horses mid stream so to speak and are talking about All I Do..
    Last edited by paul_nixon; 04-13-2021 at 05:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by paul_nixon View Post
    DFTMC gives a hint that there may be a SW version also produced by Clarence Paul! I would love to hear that one day.

Can I ask where it hints that please?

Are you talking here of My Heart that's what your post seems to suggest however it seems you may have unwittingly changed horses mid stream so to speak and are talking about All I Do..
    I was referring to the song All I Do Is Think About You. Sorry if that part was unclear. On DFTMC under the song there's an entry saying that SW recorded a version, dates unknown, but produced by Clarence Paul.
    Have you heard Stevie's earlier version? And do you know if he recorded a studio version of The Tears of a Clown?

Quote Originally Posted by SatansBlues View Post
    I was referring to the song All I Do Is Think About You. Sorry if that part was unclear. On DFTMC under the song there's an entry saying that SW recorded a version, dates unknown, but produced by Clarence Paul.
    Have you heard Stevie's earlier version? And do you know if he recorded a studio version of The Tears of a Clown?
    Stevie Wonder; recording details unknown ; produced by Clarence Paul

29-Sep-80; LP [[S): Tamla T373M1 Hotter Than July
    12-Oct-05; MP3 [[S): UMC Digital Release The Complete Stevie Wonder

I think that maybe the reference to Stevie here is to the Hotter Than July version and maybe the gremlins crept in but other paperwork shows no indication that Stevie ever recorded that track until the HTJ project.

Similarly although Tears was assigned to Stevie again there's no evidence of a vocal by him. I always say when it comes to Motown 'never say never' but in the case of these two tracks I think it's pretty likely they would have surfaced by now.

Quote Originally Posted by paul_nixon View Post
    Stevie Wonder; recording details unknown ; produced by Clarence Paul

29-Sep-80; LP [[S): Tamla T373M1 Hotter Than July
    12-Oct-05; MP3 [[S): UMC Digital Release The Complete Stevie Wonder

I think that maybe the reference to Stevie here is to the Hotter Than July version and maybe the gremlins crept in but other paperwork shows no indication that Stevie ever recorded that track until the HTJ project.

Similarly although Tears was assigned to Stevie again there's no evidence of a vocal by him. I always say when it comes to Motown 'never say never' but in the case of these two tracks I think it's pretty likely they would have surfaced by now.
    Was C. Paul still producing tracks for SW in 1980?
    And have you been able to listen to all/some/a few of SW's unreleased tracks from the 60's? How many tracks are there?