[REMOVE ADS]




Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1. #1

    Bruno Mars, Anderson .Paak, Silk Sonic - Leave the Door Open

    Doesn't get much better than this!


  2. #2
    Love this song so much. On repeat. Every day.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Atasteofhoney View Post
    Love this song so much. On repeat. Every day.
    Gets better each play! I'll explore the entire lp tonight.

  4. #4
    LOVE THIS!!!!!!!! Leave it to Bruno & al to give us something that reminds us of the REAL WAY IT'S DONE!!!!!!!!! And throw in Bootsy!!!

    Is the entire LP out yet? I didn't know.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by moe View Post
    LOVE THIS!!!!!!!! Leave it to Bruno & al to give us something that reminds us of the REAL WAY IT'S DONE!!!!!!!!! And throw in Bootsy!!!

    Is the entire LP out yet? I didn't know.
    I don't know either, Moe, but I certainly hope so. This track is a killer!

  6. #6
    I listened to this the other day. Sounds like it's right out of 1973! I'm sure it will be responsible for a few babies.

    I will definitely buy the new album when it comes out.

  7. #7
    They absolutely killed this on the Grammys. Definitely a nod to the old school r&b groups.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by moe View Post
    LOVE THIS!!!!!!!! Leave it to Bruno & al to give us something that reminds us of the REAL WAY IT'S DONE!!!!!!!!! And throw in Bootsy!!!

    Is the entire LP out yet? I didn't know.
    ps: Spotify has a playlist based on the single; I mistakenly thought it was an album. Soooo - fingers crossed!!

  9. #9
    PeaceNHarmony,

    I just saw an interview with Bruno & Anderson Paak. They both mentioned an album, but did not give a date for release. Look on YouTube for the interview.

    I agree; they really did kill it on the Grammys last night. Can you imagine when [[that album is released) them on the Grammys next year? Can you say a possible runaway Grammy hit? With so much musical trash out there everyone I know who has heard the new song LOVES IT!!!!

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by moe View Post
    PeaceNHarmony,

    I just saw an interview with Bruno & Anderson Paak. They both mentioned an album, but did not give a date for release. Look on YouTube for the interview.

    I agree; they really did kill it on the Grammys last night. Can you imagine when [[that album is released) them on the Grammys next year? Can you say a possible runaway Grammy hit? With so much musical trash out there everyone I know who has heard the new song LOVES IT!!!!
    May I correct you on one point; not "musical trash", but just trash!! Then have the gall to call it R&B/Soul!! Even a hybrid r&b! I digress, shouldn't insult real trash, though. My bad.

  11. #11
    nativeNY63, I can appreciate & thanks for your comments!!!!

    In the interview I saw Bruno gives credit to The Funks [[& yes, by name).

    On the internet this morning there was a piece "Here's what the artists wore to the Grammys." My head started to spin......I kept saying: who?....next....who?

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    3,909
    Quote Originally Posted by Ms Flo View Post
    They absolutely killed this on the Grammys. Definitely a nod to the old school r&b groups.
    I'll have to find that performance but I love this song

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    3,909
    Great Grammy performance

  14. #14
    As close to perfection as it gets. Both artists respect their predecessors and it shows. I hear something different everytime I listen to it. They had a good interview on The Breakfast Club where they laid out a lot of their creative and collaborative process. Bruno even talked about that young woman who accused him of cultural appropriation a few years ago and you could tell that the BS accusation stung him. I don't expect the rest of their album to be as good as this song but I certainly hope it offers something that modern artists can aspire to.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Ms Flo View Post
    They absolutely killed this on the Grammys. Definitely a nod to the old school r&b groups.
    Also, the 70s graphics/visuals, butterfly collars & poly suits & Bootsy-bobba classes [[he's listed on the upcoming album cover art).

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

[REMOVE ADS]

Ralph Terrana
MODERATOR

Welcome to Soulful Detroit! Kindly Consider Turning Off Your Ad BlockingX
Soulful Detroit is a free service that relies on revenue from ad display [regrettably] and donations. We notice that you are using an ad-blocking program that prevents us from earning revenue during your visit.
Ads are REMOVED for Members who donate to Soulful Detroit. [You must be logged in for ads to disappear]
DONATE HERE »
And have Ads removed.