Quote Originally Posted by reese View Post
I also noticed that there was additional instrumentation added to some of the songs, like those of Dionne, Chuck Jackson, and the Tempts. I think it might have been instrumentation from the original backing tracks.

There were also a few performances missing: Jan and Dean, Johnny Mathis, and Tom Jones.

That said, it was nice to see a pristine copy of the show instead of the bootleg
From The Second Disc website in the comments section --

" Before I pluck down my 70 bucks, it sure would be nice to know if the special will be presented as originally aired in 1965, and not intercut with new interview segments that threaten the continuity of the presentation. In this article, 19 titles are listed on the DVD, which means we lose six original performances from estates that did not give their permission [[Bill Cosby, Jan & Dean, Johnny Mathis and Tom Jones among them). I hope those omissions are not where new interviews have been placed. I have a clean video copy that was transferred to DVD years ago, and I’d stick with that if this isn’t an uninterrupted presentation.