[REMOVE ADS]

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Received my copy of this yesterday. Wonderful, book-style presentation with very well reproduced photographs from the period. The LP covers are reproduced in the book in full size which look great.
    The set doesn't acknowledge any remastering as far as I can see. But, Ralph Tee says in the preface that Sony provided "original master tapes" for the project. I've only played the first disk so far, and it sounds good to my ears.
    Finally, if you're in the UK, Soul Brother records or Burning Shed have this set substantially cheaper than Amazon.
    Get it before it's sold out! Only 2500 copies available.

Haven't received it yet but I did get a price drop and credit [[$28.71) on the set at the last minute. I ordered from Amazon.

Quote Originally Posted by wichmanne View Post
    Received my copy of this yesterday. Wonderful, book-style presentation with very well reproduced photographs from the period. The LP covers are reproduced in the book in full size which look great.
    The set doesn't acknowledge any remastering as far as I can see. But, Ralph Tee says in the preface that Sony provided "original master tapes" for the project. I've only played the first disk so far, and it sounds good to my ears.
    Finally, if you're in the UK, Soul Brother records or Burning Shed have this set substantially cheaper than Amazon.
    Get it before it's sold out! Only 2500 copies available.
    Soul Brother has a lower price but the shipping brings it right back up there with say Amazon.

Soul Brother:
    USA standard [[not tracked): £32.00
    USA Registered: £46.00

I hope they are remastered too. I always thought that the Save The Children Album needed to be a bit brighter or crisper.
    Last edited by mr_june; 05-30-2021 at 10:06 AM.