[REMOVE ADS]

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by daviddh View Post
    BG promised Sullivan Ross would make her debut on his show then pulled out of the deal.sullivan was furious and cancelled every Motown act forward.
    Stoned Love was a million seller plus.
    I think the loss of tv hurt the group and the group was still performing standards.
    They lost the young record buyers

I believe that Ed was quite unhappy that diana ross did not appear as a solo on his show. And it may be the reason why the Supremes were canceled, but he did not cancel all Motown acts because I know the Temptations performed just my imagination on Ed Sullivan and if I’m not mistaken Gladys was on around the same time. I’ve heard all kinds of rumors but it does seem likely that the Supremes got canceled for this reason because just a few months after that he did a tribute to diana ross without ever mentioning the Supremes on his final show. Cindy mentioned the cancellation, she had heard it was cuz of Ross, but they were never told the official reason by Motown. That appearance would’ve helped both records a great deal, but it also would’ve really helped remember me, reach out and touch and reach out I’ll be there.
    Last edited by TheMotownManiac; 03-19-2021 at 11:15 PM.