[REMOVE ADS]

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Guy View Post
    Otherwise, WO was terrible by Ross standards and by Nile Rodgers standards.
    But that’s the point Guy, WO wasn’t terrible by Ross standards. The production on those first two RCA albums was s**t, not to mention the lazy vocals which sadly extended to ross 83. As previously mentioned, there is a lot of on-line love for the album which seems to gather momentum as the years go by.
    The Wiz was once thought of as Diana’s worst movie but is now her most popular. I think the same will one day apply to Workin’ Overtime.

Quote Originally Posted by Ollie9 View Post
    But that’s the point Guy, WO wasn’t terrible by Ross standards. The production on those first two RCA albums was s**t, not to mention the lazy vocals which sadly extended to ross 83. As previously mentioned, there is a lot of on-line love for the album which seems to gather momentum as the years go by.
    The Wiz was once thought of as Diana’s worst movie but is now her most popular. I think the same will one day apply to Workin’ Overtime.
    Agreed, regarding the vocals. She doesn't phone them in on WO. Some of those early RCA vocals was bullshit for a vocalist of Diana's caliber. She was much better than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Ollie9 View Post
    Now I don't know about all of that lol

Quote Originally Posted by midnightman View Post
    Now I don't know about all of that lol
    LMAO! Agreed. There will not likely be a reappraisal of WO.