[REMOVE ADS]

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ollie9 View Post
    I think with Nile Rodgers at the helm it could have worked for Diana.. Beefed up bass line and guitar licks a plenty would have lent it a more funky, sophisticated feel.
    I can imagine Diana conducting a huge singalong with the Central Park crowd. Everybody together “HOLIDAY”.
    It certainly would have proved a bigger crowd pleaser then “Pieces Of Ice”.
    Not sure i agree Ollie. The standard of his production on Workin Overtime was shockingly bad. Without Bernard he just wrote tunes that were either bang average and /or were in the wrong key for Diana.
    I know he was under the influence during the sessions, but he had seemingly forgotten how to write or choose a song sympathetic to Diana's vocal strengths.
    I am not sure Diana would have accepted the song at that stage of her career. She was already too old for such fodder, as indeed she was for Girls. That ill thought out ditty was bad enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebrock View Post
    Not sure i agree Ollie. The standard of his production on Workin Overtime was shockingly bad. Without Bernard he just wrote tunes that were either bang average and /or were in the wrong key for Diana.
    I know he was under the influence during the sessions, but he had seemingly forgotten how to write or choose a song sympathetic to Diana's vocal strengths.
    I am not sure Diana would have accepted the song at that stage of her career. She was already too old for such fodder, as indeed she was for Girls. That ill thought out ditty was bad enough.
    lolol well you know i sort of like Girls. for the period and times, i think it works. it's superficial and more style than substance.

Quote Originally Posted by sup_fan View Post
    lolol well you know i sort of like Girls. for the period and times, i think it works. it's superficial and more style than substance.
    Style is not a word that immediately springs to mind when assessing “Girls”.
    Another word that funnily enough also starts with the letter S seems more appropriate.
    IMO of course.

Another word that funnily enough also starts with the letter S seems more appropriate.
    IMO of course.
    lolol see to me, Girls sounds very of the time. very 82/83. it's just a pop confection. not intended to be a major groundbreaking tune for the ages.

IMO of course.
    Ha ha. I'm with you all the way on this one Ollie!