[REMOVE ADS]

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Boogiedown View Post
    lol ! I was expecting this to be much worse, sounds like standard DR to me , although I do think she's perched at the high end of her range for far too long...

what does this song remind me of, beside the original ...... hmmmm

this??

At first I thought nah, but have since changed my mind. They are indeed a ‘tad similar. Who would have thought.
    Last edited by Ollie9; 02-21-2021 at 01:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ollie9 View Post
    Sorry Boogie, but I think the two songs have as much in common as elephants to prunes.
    hee hee good answer...for some reason I get a kick out of that imagery . BTW I like that you like the album. I'm not as invested as you , and believe me I am very defensive of my most beloved music, and happily nothing anyone can say can deter that.

If you thought that comparison was elephants and prunes , I also hear some of this in it [[ especially from Marvin):

which I'm glad I looked up because I've never seen it performed before.

Confessions : I actually bought this 45 as a teenager. Yes I was a tender soul!!

and could the intro to PLEDGE also almost go into ........I WILL SURVIVE .....

Diana to her credit refused to be in the same recording booth as Marvin as she happened to be heavily pregnant and he insisted on smoking something a wee bit stronger then your average cigee.
    Other then that I have never heard of the two not getting on

that issue could have been resolved so much easier than, " I'll never set foot in the studio with him again!!" Good grief what a pain that made this project. As soon as it became that , they should've said "this ain't gonna work." Why force it?? Contrived. Not saying they were enenies , but obviously not chums either.

Berry Gordy should've called Marvin and said ."Hey Marv smoke your reefer out in the car and then go into the studio ." Problem solved . IF that was all there was to it.
    Last edited by Boogiedown; 02-21-2021 at 01:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Boogiedown View Post
    hee hee good answer...for some reason I get a kick out of that imagery . BTW I like that you like the album. I'm not as invested as you , and believe me I am very defensive of my most beloved music, and happily nothing anyone can say can deter that.

If you thought that comparison was elephants and prunes , I also hear some of this in it [[ especially from Marvin):

which I'm glad I looked up because I've never seen it performed before.

Confessions : I actually bought this 45 as a teenager. Yes I was a tender soul!!

and could the intro to PLEDGE also almost go into ........I WILL SURVIVE .....

that issue could have been resolved so much easier than, " I'll never set foot in the studio with him again!!" Good grief what a pain that made this project. As soon as it became that , they should've said "this ain't gonna work." Why force it?? Contrived. Not saying they were enenies , but obviously not chums either.

Berry Gordy should've called Marvin and said ."Hey Marv smoke your reefer out in the car and then go into the studio ." Problem solved . IF that was all there was to it.
    I think BG was scared of upsetting anyone in case one or indeed both singers departed in a huff vowing never to return. He decided to play the diplomat, hoping for the best.