[REMOVE ADS]

Stevie Wonder..."Tell me Something Good"

is there a released version by Stevie of this classic Rufus track? .....

Not 2 my understanding. Rufus is the only versuin I know...Paulo xxxx

Hi Paulo, I'm sure you know the Yvonne Fair version on Motown?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKu4SEVq1Uo

cheers Mike

ive since done some research on the tune.......some interesting info here.......

http://www.songfacts.com/detail.php?id=2283
    Last edited by platters81; 04-20-2011 at 08:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MIKEW-UK View Post
    Hi Paulo, I'm sure you know the Yvonne Fair version on Motown?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKu4SEVq1Uo

cheers Mike
    I'm a big, big Rufus fan, but have always hated this recording because I couldn't dance to it. With that said, I was blown away by the Yvonne Fair version at the link. This is her song and not Chaka's. Too bad it wasn't released on her first and promoted. I feel the same way about It Should Have Been Me. Yvonne owns this one also. She gives Gladys a run for the money by sounding more mature. There's nothing of the Motown Sound in either of these recordings. The Bitch Is Black is my very next purchase and one that will be played over and over.

Stevies version ...if one exists is more than likely a demo ,in his fortress of solidtude...............

According to Chaka's bio, she co-wrote the song but when the song's credits only showed Stevie's name, she didn't fight it because of who it was lol I wonder if the demo had different lyrics than the one released by Rufus & Chaka.

honest man Guest
    THE BITCH IS BLACK got to be in my 70s motown top 3, EXCELLENT ALBUM,one i play all the time from beginning to end, love it, cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by midnightman View Post
    According to Chaka's bio, she co-wrote the song but when the song's credits only showed Stevie's name, she didn't fight it because of who it was lol I wonder if the demo had different lyrics than the one released by Rufus & Chaka.
    Strange she'd claim co-writer status in her bio after years of telling people she hated the song when Stevie Wonder first introduced it to her. But I guess it's possible she added some things or made some suggestions since it was for her.