[REMOVE ADS]

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Cher on Diana Ross

Cher wrote the introduction to Leonard pitts jr 1983 biography on Ross _

" Diana has lots of close friends,but you know what ? Young as they are,her kids are her closest Friends.She had a lot of guts having that many only a year or so apart. Diana needs her kids. they're her rock,her anchor. They are really what it is all about for her. Only her kids can cure that special loneiness. And dont let all the noise fool you, she's got the lonelies, too.You Cant be that big and escape them.
    I first met Diana Ross in 1965. and i couldnt stand the broad. No matter how many times we were introduced. she couldnt remember my name. But friends kept saying if we ever sat down and rapped, we'd like each other. i doubted it. But the time came when we did sitdown. And let me tell you why I love Diana. She's a funky, get-down broad. Like me, she is very complex person. Before EST, she couldnt take any criticism. She'd go into herself, withdraw. Then she would punish herself with it. No more. Now she listens,evaluates, takes what she thinks is benefical, and dumps the rest where it belongs. then, too Diana alwats feared people were trying to invade her armour. Not that you could. Before EST, the chick wore a breast plate that was a foot and a half thick. Now alot of diana's defenses have come crumbling down. Shes's a very outfront person. And shes ok with herself. Freer. People cant hurt her like they used to.
    Its hard for a man to be married to one of us gals.The bread we earn, the adoartion we get. Man, you gotta think of the guy. Hes raised to be the provider, and a chick like Diana dosent need anyone to provide for her. Then, too,women like Diana and me are selfish. When you dwell on yourself as we do, when you have people fawning all over you 24 hours a day telling you how 'divine' you are, Its hard to come off that pedestal, to be some mans little woman when the world is screaming "star" at you.
    Alot of people want from Diana without knowing what it is they really want.Some even think they love her- some do - just as many resent her and her success. Thats true of all us alleycats who leave our alleys in the slums and amke it to Beverly Hills. The Jealousy can kill you, and what you've got."
    Last edited by nomis; 01-18-2021 at 01:23 PM.