Quote Originally Posted by milven View Post
I still think the Supreme legacy would be better off if Mary did not continually say that a re-union is up to Diana.
But why wouldn't she say that if it's the truth? Lets be real, Diana calls Mary up tomorrow and says "lets do this for real, the right way", before Diana could hang the phone up, Mary would already be on a plane. That is, of course, if Mary has learned anything from what happened last time. I suspect that Mary would love nothing more than to be able to stand on stage as a Supreme alongside the last living other original at least one more time. And who knows, Diana might want the same thing, even if her good sense is telling her to leave that door closed. [[We all have had things we wanted but knew it would probably never be.) I think most of us with common sense knows that the ball is always in Diana's court. She's the bigger star, the biggest name recognition, the biggest concert draw, the biggest viewer draw. She'll always have more power than Mary. Add to that, it would just be bad business sense for Mary to make such a public declaration. What if she says that and meanwhile Diana has been toying with an idea but sees what Mary says and then Diana says to herself "Well that's that". Obviously that's no big deal to Diana financially, but it could end a nice little taste of change for Mary. She's wise to keep tossing that ball back to Diana. How about if Diana's so against it she just come right out and say "Please stop asking Mary Wilson about me and a Supremes reunion. I'm not interested. I'll never be interested. Tell the fans to turn their attention to reuniting Martha and the original Vandellas and leave this issue alone." At that point Mary has no choice but to echo the same sentiment.