Quote Originally Posted by Guy View Post
Marvin Gaye's music is classic and definitely endures. Two of my favorite CDs of 2020, Joy Denalane's "Let Yourself Be Loved" and Jarrod Lawson's "Be The Change," have distinct musical and thematic echoes of Marvin Gaye's music. I think continuing influence on music and artistry is the one metric where Marvin surpasses all of his Motown peers [[Stevie MIGHT be his equal in this regard).

I have noticed that discussions about Motown's most prolific, talented and accomplished artists -- Marvin, Stevie, Lionel Richie, Teena Marie, Rick James, Smokey Robinson -- never seem to ignite like the endless discussions about reconfiguring a listenable LP from the entirety of Diana Ross' RCA catalog. I don't know why.
Say THAT, Guy! I don't know why either. There are multiplicities of repetitions about Supremes topics and endless replies to threads about Diana lp's people don't like, but Marvin's catalog? Nada. Just look at today's activity - more replies about Phil Spector's demise than to this very thread about Gaye! Be well - and, ps, a HEALYA YES about the 6 major talents you name-called.