Quote Originally Posted by kenneth View Post
you know, I am not sure! I don’t know that much about them though I recently got a few CDs which had most of their early catalog on it, up to the Philly days. I think that they had a pretty consistent lineup until then, and I want to say that one of the singers was possibly named Sheila Ferguson? But I’m just thinking from memory right now.

I love their late 60s early 70s. Especially the albums that came out on the Roulette label. They sang some great songs on that album including Stardust, you’re the One [[not the Marvelettes song, the one by little sister who was a spinoff of sly and the family stone), Sugar on Sunday, and I think they did a really great version of MacArthur Park also. Great singers. There’s a double CD which has all their roulette material and it’s well worth buying.

I didn’t collect the Philadelphia era material but I’d like to hear it again.
The Three Degrees 70's Roulette material is quite possible my favorite music ever. Those voices - the songs - the production - all the songs you mention are favorites of mine as well. And the full-length 'Maybe'. 'Melting Pot'. The rap on 'You're The One'. 3D were baasasss! And the Philly material is great as well. More polished but equally as invigorating. Their 'What I Did For Love' - 10s across the BOARD!!!