Quote Originally Posted by splanky View Post
Though I am very happy for Tracey with this decision I still wish she could find her way back into a studio to record some new music either as a leader or a guest of some other
artist while she's still able to sing and/or play guitar...She was such a bright light and
needed change from the status quo when she first came on the scene like Sade was also.
We're losing these kinds of women in the current R&B/pop markets. And don't try to feed
me that crap about Tracey being a folk singer. She allowed that mislabeling of her music
but Tracey sang a fusion of styles rooted in the blues. It would nice to see and hear more
women who can stand up and flat-footedly sing out a tune without tossing videos loaded
with heaps of twerking and N-words. Every few years or so somebody good shows up,
like say Corrine Bailey Rae and later Alice Smith but we largely ignore them and over-hype:
___________ [[insert your choice here).Anyway, I can easily hear Tracey singing with a
variety of singers in different settings, unfortunately those would be with jazz and blues
artists. She did sing with B B King live before he passed. Why couldn't she work with
Taj Mahal, Keb Mo, Gregory Porter, Jose James, hell, even George Benson?....Rant over.....LOL.....
Well said. And a collab w/Benson & Porter I can get with too.